Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Cold skin from waist up  (Read 1112 times)

Daisyduke

Cold skin from waist up
« on: April 29, 2018, 08:26:02 PM »

Hi - I am new to the forum & am looking for any input or ppl that have similiar symptoms that I have been experiencing the last week or so - I am 57 - 7 years menopausal. I HAVE had Im pretty sure, every symptom in the book😥🤤Just when I thought, I was pretty much getting over my hot flashes - this past week a newie cropped up - freezing cold sensations in my chest area & lower stomach & breasts & the rest of my body warm!😲 It is very cold to the touch as well - This is giving me alot of anxiety as it is very uncomfortable! Sometimes it can last up to a few hours & because of the anxiety I am having , hot flashes are starting to come back🤤😭Has anybody experienced this before? I have discussed this with my doctor who really didnt seem too concerned but have to follow up with him again in a week! ANY help would be greatly appreciated !!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cold skin from waist up
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 08:29:42 PM »

Blasted HORMONES  >:(  ::)

:welcomemm:

When did you have a blood test, to check thyroid function?  Often my lower limbs feel cold but I am told by Dear Husband that I feel the same temperature to touch all over.  Really strange.  It doesn't worry me any more but it's certainly annoying.

I used to have cold flushes when I took Tamoxifen which would begin from the waist and creep up to the back of my neck.   Once I stopped the drug those sensations went away.

Daisyduke

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 08:53:48 PM »

Thank-you!!

I HAVE HashiomotoThyrioditis  :-\ had bloodwork last week so will get the result next week as well!! I was on Rosuvastatin for high cholesterol for 3 months but was taken off that last week!  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 12:21:02 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  If you put the condition into the search box here, you'll see other threads  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 03:18:58 PM »

Hi Daisyduke

:welcomemm:

Sounds like you might need a review of your thyroid meds? If your menopausal symptoms (flushes and sweats) ramp up and are not controlled by adjusting thryoid meds - maybe you might want to think about HRT if you haven't done so already - still not too late?

Hurdity x