Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel splitting dose  (Read 1705 times)

Nellie Noo

Oestrogel splitting dose
« on: May 01, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »

Just returned from the doctors ( have now been precribed provera tablets as couldnt tolerate the progesterone in utrogestan or femseven sequi ... not holding my breath !! ) but my point is ..he couldnt believe that i was splitting my two pumps of gel into morning and night ! He was adamant that this was not correct and was never really surprised at “ what people do “ 😳
He couldnt give me a reason why i shouldnt though
what do most of you ladies do ?? Is he correct ??

Daisydot

Re: Oestrogel splitting dose
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 11:55:01 AM »

Hi Nellie noo sometimes when people use the gel at night it put them on a high so I kind of understand his logic but a lot of people do this as they feel it gives them an even feed of oestrogen throughout the day,keeps their levels consistent.Id say it's about what works for you if you find your a bit wired at night then put the two squirts on in the morning instead of splitting or stick with what your doing now,I'd say he's neither right nor wrong.xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 12:32:14 PM »

Nellie Noo, I agree with Daisydot on this one. If you're OK splitting the dose stick with it, but if you find it's a faff try all in one go. I do all three pumps in the morning, along with the testosterone, just to get it over and done with. I'd say it's up to you.
JP x

Nellie Noo

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:39:35 PM »

Thank you .. well as im fine on splitting the dose .. think i will keep doing it . It was just he was SO adamant that it was wrong... even though he didnt offer an explaination like you ladies have . Thanks x

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 12:52:24 PM »

Do what's best for you Nellie Noo at least now your armed and dangerous for his next confrontation lol.

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 01:03:16 PM »

Definitely carry on splitting the dose if it suits you.  I think it helps to keep oestrogen levels stable throughout the day.

If this doctor is so adamant that splitting the dose is wrong, he needs to come up with some evidence otherwise his credibility will evaporate.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 03:04:41 PM »

Thank you xx

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 11:04:55 PM »

I split my dose, I use two pumps at night and one in the morning.