Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie in need of help!!  (Read 1293 times)

Rachel Lord

Newbie in need of help!!
« on: April 30, 2018, 07:29:13 PM »

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and really happy to be here.
I'm 46, always had intense pmt and had increasing peri menopause symptoms for 18 months + including anxiety, memory issues, palpitations,  foggy brain, mood swings,  I've had some hot flushes but they've not been too bad. I'm increasingly struggling with fatigue,  really sore joints and absolutely zero energy and motivation.  After seeing my GP numerous times and trying anti depressants I'm 8 weeks into HRT. I'm on Everol Sequi as I still have periods, albeit very reduced.  And this is where I would really welcome your experience and thoughts.
I'm really struggling through the mixed oestrogen progesterone weeks.  When it's just oestrogen I feel great, I've been exercising again and it's such a relief but then I feel I'm going back to square one during the mixed patches. I'm wading through treacle again and feel so upset, can't stop crying.  I've got a review with my GP on weds but would welcome others thoughts. I'm so bloody fed up at the moment as I feel I'll never be myself again  :'(

Lisa1966

Re: Newbie in need of help!!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 08:18:02 PM »

Hi Rachel,I'm sorry I am also new here,so I can't offer much advice.sorry to hear u r having a hard time,I'm still trying to sort my own hrt out.from what I have read maybe u could try evorel patches and ugestan progesterone,apparently this is meant to be kinder.if not u could try evorel patches and the mirina coil. Sorry I can't be more help,but I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable ladies will be along soon.dont give up there r other options.hope u get sorted soon  :)

Lisa x

Rachel Lord

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »

Thanks for the reply Lisa, I'll definitely explore these options with my GP

Wilks

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 09:12:39 PM »

Hi Rachel, sorry to hear you're having a difficult time. I imagine that your GP will want you to give the HRT 3 months before you decide whether it suits you. If it doesn't there are various other formulations that you can try. I'm not an expert but I know a few people who've had to try a few different doses or formulations before they hit on one that was good for them.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:53:02 PM »

Hi Rachel. Sorry you are having a tough time at the moment. Evorel contains Norethisterone which is well known for causing low mood, depression and PMT symptoms in some women. There are other options you can try if things don't settle over the first three months. FemSeven is the other sequi patch or you could consider an oestrogen gel with a different progesterone such as utrogestan or maybe a mirena coil.

You'll receive a lot of help and support on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 10:05:25 PM »

:welcomemm:  it really can be Trial and Error so there probably is an HRT regime out there.  Browse round.  Make notes.