Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help feel like I’ve been hit by a bus  (Read 4458 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help feel like I’ve been hit by a bus
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 03:05:43 PM »

Maybe ask your Practice Nurse to check your BP?   We have a home monitor here but mine doesn't register at all, according to it I don't exist  ::).  The PN should do a standing/sitting/standing check at a specific time of day.  Himself takes his B4 he eats in the morning.

Is it a drop in blood pressure or is it sudden low blood sugar?  The latter makes me feel really, really ill, ending up on the bathroom floor :-(.

Lisa1966

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 05:36:24 PM »

I did think it was blood sugar drop,but I brought a blood pressure monitor and last couple of times,I have taken pressure and it's really low 66/46 last time,it usually passes in about 10-15 minutes. There is no pattern to it,last one was 2 months ago. That was when I was on evorel conti and the patches weren't sticking properly,also was bleeding on and off in the last month on them. I didn't think I felt that well on them,but I feel a damn site worse now. :'( x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 08:31:05 PM »

My DH is the calmest person you will ever meet but he has White Coat Syndrome, therefore the home BP test monitor.

If you stop the HRT you will find out if that is what has given you the awful feelings.  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart feelings etc.?

Lisa1966

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 08:44:09 PM »

I am trying to keep a diary,I think I'm going to ring Doctors tomorrow as can't stand feeling like this anymore. I don't want to risk just stopping as last year I was off work for 8 months with horrific anxiety,fear and was suicidal. I'm so scared I don't know what to do,my drs don't really know anymore about hrt than I do. But I'm so irritable and I work in social care with the elderly and I'm becoming snappy,which is very unprofessional,and unfair on the people I work with. I am experiencing hot flushes and chills today and chest pain as I'm so wound up. Trouble is I don't know what to ask the dr for  :'( x

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 12:22:59 PM »

Take a list of symptoms, hand over and ask for advice on which to tackle first.

You could also contact your local MIND charity group.  I did so 18 months ago and they were SO helpful, via e-mail.  I didn't need to visit physically but the contact helped enormously.

Let us know how you get on  :bighug:

Lisa1966

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 06:08:38 PM »

Hi been to see another dr today,she has given me gel in sachets 0.5mg and utovlan.

Lisa x
Pages: 1 [2]