Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: How do you feel when you have a hot flush?  (Read 1677 times)

lizzog

How do you feel when you have a hot flush?
« on: April 30, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »

Just that really. I'm on hrt but occasionally will get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach with intense heat rising to my face. It makes me feel odd and lightheaded and a bit shaky. Anyone else get this? I'm on eostrogel one pump twice a day.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How do you feel when you have a hot flush?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »

I think this has been reported by ladies on here, or similar.
For me it was like a warm glow across the back of my neck/shoulders, never 'hot'.

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 02:13:51 PM »

Hi Iizzhog - that is just how I feel :-\ but they last about 40 minutes then start to subside. The light-headedness  scares me. I also get adrenalin rush prior to this feeling.

Wx

lizzog

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 02:36:20 PM »

Yes I just wondered as I was t expecting to feel sick/faint, just hot. It took me a while to realise what they were as I'm on hrt and stupidly thought that would stop them completely!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 02:49:51 PM »

Adrenaline for me is like hot water coursing through my veins, it scared me a lot the first few times it happened  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 03:30:05 PM »

Yep for me they follow the same pattern every time.

1. A sudden feeling of unease and then doom as if the most awful thing has happened/no point to anything etc.
2. Slightly nauseous feeling as if I will shortly need to go to the loo
3. Increase in heart rate
4. Flush/sweat then begins.
5. Gradual return to normality leaving me feeling cold and shivery and with very damp clothes!

The whole thing takes around five minutes. Fifteen minutes later the cycle would repeat itself.

HRT solved it for me though. I'm sorry you are still getting them despite the HRT. Does your dose need adjusting.

Taz x

lizzog

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 06:38:39 PM »

Hi Taz. GP said can increase it and I've done so to 1.5 pumps x 2 a day. I've had a fairly heavy bleed for a week after no bleed for quite a few months. That's finished now but my hormones seem to be all over the place!
Thankfully I'm only getting the odd flush but when I get them they come out of the blue and can make me feel horrible- sounds as though I'm not alone! The sickness and dizziness took me by surprise!

weathergirl

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 03:44:04 PM »

My flushes are subtle and don't involve anxiety or any of the other stuff.  It's just a sudden feeling of being hot and breaking out in a sweat, mostly upper body area, but no sense of doom or any of that.   Fortunately, they're mild.