Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Does Stepping Hill Hospital NHS menopause clinic precribe tetosterone?  (Read 2087 times)

sheila99

As title really. GP won't prescribe testosteone and referred me to meno clinic at Stepping Hill. Went there last week after a 2 month wait to find it was a general gyno clinic & doctor knew nowt about meno. She has passed me on the the meno clinic - they will send me an appointment but probably around 3 months more to wait. Not keen on paying to go privately but don't want to wait a further 3 months just to find they won't prescribe it. Any experiences of the meno clinic welcome!

warwick01

Hi Sheilla99

I live in Manchester and get Testerone from Dr Polson at Salford NHS. I also know you can get it at Bolton NHS. Not sure Stepping Hill are up to speed on menopause.

Good luck Wx

sheila99

Hmm, seems I live in the wrong area! Not impressesd with Stepping Hill so far as it appears my appointment was purely to massage the statistics.  >:(

Annie0710

MY new gp practice has removed my testosterone from my list and has referred to his choice of gynae, just waiting for an appt but hold out no hope of a go ahead from them so am on the private waiting list of dr louise newson

sheila99

I'm getting close to giving up & going private too. Tony Mander isn't too far so I may try him. It feels so wrong, as NICE allows it I can't understand why GPs won't prescribe it. Mine is through ignorance, she's never been asked for it before. The way I see it if she doesn't know about it it's her job to find out.