Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help feel like I’ve been hit by a bus  (Read 4452 times)

Lisa1966

Help feel like I’ve been hit by a bus
« on: April 27, 2018, 05:53:15 PM »

Hi ladies

Was wondering if it's normal to have flu like symptoms,without the cold. I feel like I've been hit by a bus.im on femoston 2/10 and just started estrogen and progesterone tablets in the pack. Also very agitated and headache. Does anyone know if it's too much or too little estrogen?

Lisa x

Dancinggirl

Re: Help feel like I’ve been hit by a bus
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 09:59:49 PM »

It could be a virus - I had a virus last week that left me feeling truly awful - aching, total fatigue etc. 
However, you could be finding the progesterone tough to tolerate - it is unlikely to be the oestrogen causing you symptoms.  See how you feel in a couple of days. If this is your first month on HRT, then it takes time for your body to adjust.  DG x

Letmein

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 06:03:28 AM »

The first couple of weeks I started on the patches, I had that body achiness all over I'd never had before. My menopausal problems are mainly neurological, so adding to the issues of pins and needles, body vibration, dizziness and etc... made me feel very low and I just wanted to stop it. At that point I hadn't started the progesterone. I'm glad to say that it went gradually over the weeks, and now three weeks later, I only experience it when I've exercised a lot and/or feel particular tired and it's not half as bad as it was these couple of weeks.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 07:42:08 AM »

I'd been on oestrogen for years before peri hit naturally and I constantly felt like I had the start of flu without the cold, so for me it was definitely the natural hormones reducing x

Lisa1966

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 10:19:48 AM »

Thank you for your kind reply's,I feel the same today,was wondering if it's when ovulation happens.im on my second month of femoston after being on evorel conti,I feel very anxious today and it scares me as i was off work last year for 8 months with debilitating anxiety. I'm trying to stick out the 3 months,but my doctor doesn't know much about hrt so that's a worry.  :'(

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 12:08:17 PM »

Can you tell us more about yourself. How old are you? When was your last natural
Period? Did the anxiety start before the menopause?
Are you on any other medication? Why did you move from the conti HRT to the sequi HRT?
If you are post menopause then HRT won't make you ovulate. The change of moving from conti HRT to sequ HRT may have caused this change in symptoms as your bod is struggling to adjust. You have moved from patches to pills and this can be a big difference in terms of absorbtion as well. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Lisa1966

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 01:52:21 PM »

I am 51 and when I went on hrt I was having irregular periods,so I don't know if I'm still peri or not,how do u know when ur on hrt? I didn't feel very well on evorel conti and they weren't sticking very well,also from what I have read I shouldn't have been on them anyway,but my doctor said u could if u were over 50 but I think that's wrong. I'm sick I've argueing with him. Because I've suffered on and off with depression and anxiety for the last 26 years,they just put it down to that,I feel like I'm banging my head on a brick wall. I'm on venlafaxine and mirtazapine for that. But this is different,I wish I could afford to see someone who knows what they are talking about  :'(

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 04:15:49 PM »

Hi Lisa - what symptoms are you trying to control?  Do you get flushes and night sweats?
Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine will often reduce flushes anyway and I'm wondering if it's these drugs you need to change?
Perhaps try stopping the HRT to see how you feel - having a break is often a good idea to reassess things.

I would ask for a review of your antidepressants  - HRT can sometimes help but can also make things worse.

DG x

Lisa1966

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 05:12:23 PM »

Thank you dg,I did think about doing that,but I am scared in case my anxiety gets debilitating again,that's my biggest fear. If I was to stop it,do I just do it or taper off?

Lisa x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 06:00:50 PM »

Do not stop your current medication .  Make a list of the symptoms you would like to ease.  If you don't get any help from your GP - which isn't un-usual across the UK  >:( - have a chat with a pharmacist to see what you actually require, most have private rooms these days.

That way you can go to your GP well armed ...... browse round here, make notes.

Lisa1966

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 06:42:02 PM »

I'm not going to stop my ads,as I can't go through what I did last year again. I am however considering stopping hrt as it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I don't have night sweats,well I don't think I do anyway as mirtazapine makes me sleep.i do have flushes though,aches and pains in legs,hands and forearms, irritable and angry mood swings and horrific sugar cravings,like my body is screaming for it. I've had blood tests for thyroid and diabetes all clear.sometimes my blood pressure drops,usually just before bed but hasn't happened for a couple of months,I have to lay on the floor when it happens,last time it dropped to 66/46.i have been googling and trying to look for answers for weeks,but still no nearer.

Lisa x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 08:51:58 AM »

You can simply stop the HRT if you wish.  I have a feeling you need to review everything you are taking and perhaps ask your GP about your drop in blood pressure.  DG x

Tiddles

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 09:14:05 AM »

Hi Lisa.  A detailed but simple to complete symptom diary ( I use an Excel spreadsheet) would help you track any patterns and make sense of it x

Lisa1966

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 11:27:21 AM »

Thank you for your kind reply's, I may just stop the hrt. I told the doctor about blood pressure drops he was uninterested :( x
Pages: [1] 2