Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Thirst when flushing  (Read 1392 times)

getting_old

Thirst when flushing
« on: April 26, 2018, 03:34:58 PM »

Since my last period I've been getting more hot flushes and when they happen I feel really thirsty. Is that normal please?

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Thirst when flushing
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 04:25:25 PM »

Hi getting old.

I suppose it could be, because you're using up water in your body.and you need to replace it.
Probably book in with doc just to make sure, because as you probably know
thirstyness could be related to diabetes.
Better to know properly than just guessing.

Maybe someone else will post who knows better than me.

Jd x
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 04:38:47 PM by jillydoll »

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 04:52:48 PM »

The flushes make us sweat a lot more so we need to drink more water. If you are thirsty, then your body is telling you what it needs. If you are thirsty all the time and then peeing a lot then it could be diabetes   DG x

getting_old

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 05:09:40 PM »

I had a few hot flushes before this period but they are much more frequent since, and the thirst has only been happening since the period too. It just gets bad as the flush starts then pretty much subsides after the flush stops but I tend to get a drink as it makes me feel better after the flush.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 05:58:35 PM »

Yes I found it normal. When I was having really intense hot sweats every twenty minutes (before starting HRT) I found it helped enormously if I could have a glass/bottle of cold water handy to glug down as soon as the flush began to build up. Seemed to help me feel cooler.

Taz x

getting_old

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 06:13:31 PM »

Thanks Taz. I'll start carrying water with me as I think it will help. It's also interesting that I notice my hot flushes seem to happen in confined spaces, so every night when I go into the (very small) bathroom to clean my teeth.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 07:28:53 PM »

I didn't notice that about mine - they just arrived regular as clockwork wherever I was  ;D

Taz x

Kristy

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 08:05:37 AM »

Yes, prior to going on HRT, I was getting hot flashes and felt the need to drink cold water straightaway just to help me cool down. I don't get hot flushes as much now but always carry a bottle of water with me wherever I go. I still get anxiety from time to time which can give me a very dry mouth, so need to drink water to help with this also.