Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Why has my dr fast tracked me  (Read 9172 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Why has my dr fast tracked me
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 10:16:23 AM »

Well that's a name that, as a Medical Secretary, I wouldn't want to take down in shorthand.  :D

OK you feel crap.  So get on with something to take your mind off it?  It's almost like you are focussed on the worst.   :-\
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:43:30 AM by CLKD »

Dollydream

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »

Hi Herbie

Pleased that you doctor offered you some reassurance and that your appointment has come for next week.  Health anxiety is a horrible thing I know, but you need to put your trust in your doctor and believe him when he said there was nothing alarming on the scan or you will have a hard time getting through each day.  After I had my ultrasound, the hospital contacted me within 2 hours and asked me to come in the next morning for a hysteroscopy and I was petrified - they found nothing wrong but the fear that there 'might be' took over and all I could do was google the worst scenarios and play them out in my mind.

Maybe try googling some relaxation techniques which might help to calm you.  Will keep my fingers crossed for you.  Dolly x

Herbie73

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 10:47:24 AM »

Thanks dolly,
Why did you have to go next day ? Just wondering xxxx

Dollydream

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 10:59:24 AM »

Well this is what scared me.  Having worked in a doctors surgery before, the only time I've seen patients being called back to hospital the very next morning was if there was something sinister going on, so I was totally convinced that was the case.  After the hysteroscopy, I asked why I called back so urgently after the ultrasound and he said that it was due to the NHS guidelines of the fast tracking!!  Are you having a hysteroscopy next week?  Dolly x

Herbie73

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 11:02:08 AM »

Yes Friday and I am so scared, what was wrong with your ultrasound ?

SueLW

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2018, 11:52:23 AM »

Yes Friday and I am so scared, what was wrong with your ultrasound ?

Why are you still scared?  You saw an experienced doctor yesterday who put your mind at rest.  You have a small fibroid.  Big deal.  Most of us have a few of those at some point.  So then you Googled again and found something with an unpronounceable name, which is presumably not a nice thing to have, and you've convinced yourself that your simple fibroid is going to kill you!  Stop it Herbie.  You are driving yourself mad with this.  Your doctor was right.  This is all in your head.

I told you a few days ago to go to work and get on with something else.  Someone above has just said the same.  Take our advice.  Leave the Internet alone and do something with your hands and brain.  This is not a big deal.

Sorry, to sound harsh. But you really do have to get a grip on yourself.  Just remember back to how relieved you felt when you left your nice doctor's office yesterday and focus back on that.  He's been a doctor for decades.  He has seen it all.  He's not worried.  Neither should you be.

Dollydream

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 12:15:09 PM »

Herbie - The radiographer said the lining was 13mm but that wasn't abnormal if I was still in peri but I didn't know where I was in the menopause journey (I had a mirena coil).  When I got called in for the hysteroscopy the next day, the gynae confirmed there and then that all looked fine - I watched the hysteroscopy procedure on the screen and he talked me through it.  He took a biopsy as a precautionary measure but said that it didn't look abnormal and it came back clear.  I'm sure you will be fine too, now you need to try and relax as much as possible about this and take positivity from what your doctor said x

Herbie73

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2018, 12:15:38 PM »

Thank you, you are so kind, and I prefer harshness it makes me realise what an idiot I am, it's just I hate the thought of any tests, it's almost like I feel the Drs keep something back, I have been referred for cbt therapy, so hopefully this will help, I hate being so anxious when other people just get on with it and don't expect the worst, I have been like this since I was 13 years old, sometime I get a year or 2 respite, then it all comes back again, it's totally ruin my life, I have the most beautiful baby grandson, who I haven't enjoyed sine the day he was born, also I am drinking every night to make myself relax, I'm normally such a health conscious person, vegetarian, dont smoke, physically active, take supplements, keep my weight down and now I'm eating crap and drinking, and googling, I'm never had a day of sick in five years I have been in my job, now I have taken 4 this week, I am going back Monday, I've been to the Drs about 6 times now, I'm going to end up being sectioned ;D ;D,anyway thank you for a nice reply

Herbie xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 12:43:40 PM »

What did you do B4 Google etc.?  :-\

What's the worst that could happen?  Be glad that we have access to health care with Medics would have been thoroughly trained.  Of course sometimes they get it 'wrong' ...... but in the scheme of things, why would it be your case that is 'wrong'?

If you are aware of your over drinking, maybe that's the place to begin?  Alcohol is a depressant.  I don't even like the taste any more  ::).

How old is the grandson, are his parents aware that you don't enjoy him  :-\.  Do they live local to you?

Herbie73

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 03:34:31 PM »

Thanks dolly, the radiographer said that I'm still ovulating, as I did this month but not sure if it's every month, my lining was 14 mm on day 18 of my cycle, which I've read it's still classed as normal, so mine was only a mm more than yours, and I'm not even sure I have started perimenopause, so this is why I'm confused as to why they have referred me, I know they said I have a small fibroid and ademyosis, so I'm really confused, I have read lots of women on this site that have had a lot worse and plus I'm not even bleeding now, also clkd, when I say I have no interest in my grandson what I meant was, I'm scared to become to attached, he's only 10 weeks and I love him so much, also my daughter she also has health anxiety so she understands how I feel, I look after him all the time, it's just since he was born, a week later was when the whole bleeding issues started, I've stressed myself out so much it has ruined what should be the best time of my life, anyway I'm sorry for going on, thank you herbiexxxx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2018, 03:37:03 PM »

That's different to not having any interest!  Enjoy him.  Let him take your mind off the appt..  Be thankful that we have access to an NHS that does it's best under difficult circumstances?

Did you do knitting prior to his birth?  I can't knit for toffee  ::) [we had a thread here about knitting somewhere ..... ]

SueLW

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »

I have been like this since I was 13 years old, sometime I get a year or 2 respite, then it all comes back again, it's totally ruin my life

What happened when you were 13 to set this off? 

If you get CBT, or a talking therapy, concentrate on that.  The start at 13.  Something needs working out there.

I do get it.  Honestly I do.  But only you can stop it.  I was 18 when I found a lump in my breast.  It was straight to the GP and she booked me into hospital for a biopsy (which was surgical back then) that very day!  I went home from the surgery reeling and was in hospital that evening and operated on the next day.  The lump was benign and I went on to have lumpy breasts connected to my hormones all my reproductive life.  But that shock, that instant nature of it all did shake me up and of course I'd had surgery so had to recover from that.  Then, every 6 months for several years I had to attend a hospital clinic for a doctor to examine my breasts and give me the all clear for the next 6 months.  I hadn't even had a boyfriend at 18.  It was very embarrassing.  I remember that it was quite usual for the consultant to have trainees with him, which was even worse.  And once, there were around 6 trainees with him and he asked if I would mind them all having a feel!!!  I was too shy then to say no.  I sweated in embarrassment all the way home.  I look back now and laugh.

So I do understand health anxiety, but I fought it off.  There wasn't an unreliable Dr Google about then, that helped.  You have to distract yourself, which is what CBT is about.  The best way to distract is to make.  Literally use your hands and brain to make something.  Bake, build, sew, paint, whatever you like to do, do it.  And every time the fear comes up for another look, shout at it.  Tell it to sod off! and get back to what you were doing.

Stop drinking.  That's bad on so many points and will make menopause or perimenopause symptoms so much worse.  Instead get some relaxing herbal teas and drink those.  Concentrate on relaxing or bed time teas.  I love them with lavender and camomile in and mint.  Watching TV doesn't help.  It's mind numbing.  Turn it off.  Play some music if you want sound. 

You are going to be absolutely fine.

xxx

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 06:14:31 PM »

My go-to relaxation is my evening bath: lots of bubbles, cuppa and Very Good Book.  When I was ill with depression I couldn't settle at all.  I couldn't read.  Watch TV.  Enjoy my bath.  So any hobbies are now valued. 

This too will pass.  Whatever the outcome!  Get that camera out and take plenty of photos of that baby, they grow so fast!

Herbie73

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »

Morning ladies, so freaking out once more, got another appointment today, apparently the one I received yesterday morning at ten o'clock was for that day at 11.30, so missed it, not my fault , so I have it at 10.00 on Wednesday, I can't help but freak out, I'm so scared what they will find, does anyone know can a fibroid cause thickening of the lining or stress, I've been really anxious for 2 months, anyway thanks ladies xxxx

Cassie

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2018, 11:27:51 AM »

Fibroids can cause unusual bleeding which can cause stress.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7