Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Post Menopausal Bleeding  (Read 914 times)

Mojo61

Post Menopausal Bleeding
« on: May 05, 2018, 04:46:30 PM »

Hi Ladies,

It's been a long time since I last visited this site. I've been doing really well and finally back to my normal self. It look a lot of different meds but I finally settled on Kliovance 1mg tabs and Citalopram 20mg tabs and have been on that combo for nearly 2 years now. When I first started the meds I had some bleeding, I had a scan which showed a thickened lining and fibroids. Got sent for a endometrial biopsy in August 2016 and removal of a cervical polyp and all tests came back normal and eventually the bleeding stopped. However the other day I noticed some very slight bloody discharge along with twinges that felt like period pains, went to my GP and he referred me to gynae again under the 2 week rule but said they would probably want to stop my HRT!!! Of course this terrifies me because I was so ill going through the menopause, and frankly I don't think I can go through that again, it was horrific! The bleeding has stopped mod but my brain is also telling me it could be cancer and that has set off my anxiety again. I'm just looking for some support and reassurance really. Thanks for reading.  :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post Menopausal Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 05:04:59 PM »

Go for the appt. but don't stop any medication until you've talked it over.  A scan may be required to check the thickness of the womb lining.  At that point you may need to stop the HRT for a while but point out that you want to take this for ever ;-)

Mojo61

Re: Post Menopausal Bleeding
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 05:43:19 PM »

Thank you. The last scan I had in 2016 showed a thickened lining but nothing was done about it as biopsy was normal. The consultant recommended a Mirena coil and oestrogen (either tablets or patch) but I never heard anymore about it and my GP just continued to prescribe the kliovance.