Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie- moved from Femseven Sequi to Elleste Duet 1mg  (Read 1257 times)

lorie

Newbie- moved from Femseven Sequi to Elleste Duet 1mg
« on: April 23, 2018, 01:52:12 PM »

Hi, I am peri menopausal, 53 and was prescribed Femseven sequi patches about 18 months ago when I started getting hot flushes and anxiety. The patches worked fine, the sweats stopped and I began an exercise regime and lost a stone in weight and felt much better. As I run (and shower) every day I  got so fed up with the patches just not staying on and the extra cost of replacing them that I asked my GP's opinion and he suggested taking pills. I am halfway through my second month on Elleste Duet 1mg and seem to be putting on weight for no reason, I have upped my exercise and watching my diet but my stomach seems to be bloated all the time and I have gained 3lb in a month, I also have been getting cramps during my bleed which I didn't get before.
Being able to control and maintain my weight helps me feel much better about myself so I'm thinking should I go back to patches and just deal with them coming off or is there something else I can try, or is it too early to write off Elleste Duet and I should give it longer to settle?
Can anyone advise if weight gain is a common side effect of this type of HRT? Should I ask for a different type like gel?
Really grateful for any help and advise

Dancinggirl

Re: Newbie- moved from Femseven Sequi to Elleste Duet 1mg
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 04:41:12 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM - Yes, the Oestrogel would be your best alternative to combined patches but you would still need progesterone - either Utrogestan or Provera which are pills - but the Utrogestan(micronised progesterone)  capsules can be used vaginally!!!  Look under TREATMENTS to find out more. DG x

Hippychxi

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »

Hi I've just found this site and it's made me so happy I'm not alone in this!! I've been on elleste duet for months now and have put on so much weight and my stomach is constantly bloated and painful. In the evening I can't get my jeans on. I work out 5x a week and have an active life style so this is beginning to make me really low. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 01:00:12 PM »

Hi and welcome to to MM Hippychxi
Do start your own thread so more member can support you.
I'm afraid some women do find they feel bloated on HRT but I'm afraid when meno hits weight gain happens anyway. Workouts aren't enough - youve got to cut down on portion size permenantly I'm afraid and cut right down on alcohol, fat and especially sugar. Not easy. DG xx