Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 847 times)

enchantedworld

Hello
« on: May 03, 2018, 08:03:42 AM »

They say that Life begins at 40 ?  ::)  Hmmmmmm lol

Just turned 40 and i have started HRT ... I started to miss having my regular periods about a year ago ...After lots of blood tests for other checks like Thyroid etc ...that came back clear  the last 2 blood tests showed i was Peri Menopausal  ? what ?? :( I know its a natural Thing But I got really upset . I have had No Symptoms apart from no periods . no hot flushes no not being able to sleep etc . I am a Month into using - Evorel sequi patches mainly for preventing osteoporosis and i have to continue to use these for the next 10 years  :'(  I told my doctor that i wanted to try the natural route as i was concerned over the health risks ...but she said that there are not any at my age ? now i'm wondering what i have got myself into !  I guess i joined here to get supported and to support others that are going through the same as me . Thought i had better introduce myself and say hello .so Hello  ;D

Dancinggirl

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 09:14:47 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM
Thank goodness your doctor is ‘on the ball'.  She is right to make you have HRT - believe me you do not want to experience the problems that oestrogen deficiency brings too early. It's not just your bones that will be helped but also your heart.  HRT can reduce your risk of developing bowel cancer and urogenital atrophy due to oestrogen deficiency is horrid.  So be grateful that you have good doctor - so many women are simply told to ‘ride the storm'.

The health risks of HRT are very small and only kick in after 60, if you are still using systemic HRT - and many women choose to continue HRT beyond 60 to receive the ongoing benefits knowing there are some small risks. 

For you the risks of Not using HRT are far, far greater.  I'm surprised they have put on a medium dose of HRT so early but see how you get on - your may be needing this dose.  You may find these patches ideal for you but there are lots of options if you feel this type of HRT doesn't suit you.  My menopause started in my mid 30s and we get many women coming to this forum in distress that the meno has arrived so soon - it's much more common than people think and nobody prepares us for what happens when our ovaries stop functioning, whatever age it may be!!!
HRT is no replacement for a good diet and exercise lifestyle, so do have a good look at all aspects of your life to see if there are any tweaks you can make to improve things.
Keep us posted about how you get on with this HRT - many women do really well on these patches but it can be a bit of trial and error till you find something that suits you.
Enjoy getting on with your life knowing you are doing the right thing - don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't being using HRT. HRT is the natural 'supplement' treatment for POF.   DG x

Emerald2017

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 07:58:14 PM »

The same here! 42 and on hrt! Your gyn seems well informed! At first I was in a complete shock but things will be better after some time. It takes time but you will feel like your old self...You have no symptoms yet...:)