Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Meg’s Menopause Conference 21st May  (Read 1495 times)

MaritaB

Meg’s Menopause Conference 21st May
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:44:04 AM »

Anyone going to Meg's Menopause Conference in London on 21st May? This has been set up by Meg Matthews (of Britpop fame!) and I came across it when browsing her website Meg's Menopause - which she set up on the back of her own experience of menopause and like me experiencing symptoms of anxiety, mood swings etc without realising that it was all linked to the menopause.

See link below - if anyone plans to go along let me know as it would be good to connect IRL !

https://megsmenopause.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/2018-MegsMenopause-Conference-Program.pdf

Mx

aspie65

Re: Meg’s Menopause Conference 21st May
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 07:19:14 AM »

Not able to go ( have CFS) but glad you posted this as I had no idea it was going on and it really cheered me up seeing that the profile of our suffering is finally being raised by someone in the public eye.  If you go would love to know what it was like.

MaritaB

Re: Meg’s Menopause Conference 21st May
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 07:29:24 PM »

Thanks Aspie, yes I think it's great that more and more celebs (Gillian Anderson, Carol Vorderman as well as Meg Matthews) plus journalists like Kirsty Wark are all “coming out” about their menopause and experiences and how it has affected them. I'm still weighing up whether to go, it's easy for me as I live in London but it will mean taking a day off work. Shame it isn't on a weekend date!