Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Should i increase Estrogel dose?  (Read 5026 times)

allie007

Should i increase Estrogel dose?
« on: April 20, 2018, 05:18:24 AM »

Hi everyone, I started using Estrogel a month ago, first time using HRT. After about a week I already felt that it was starting to work, not being so exhausted, sleeping through the night for the first time in as long as I can remember and my mood picked up, also no headaches.I did get a bit of nausea in the mornings and one morning i did vomit. However the last week Im not sleeping again, i am going to sleep but am waking very early hours and cant get back to sleep. The nausea has also gone and i can feel my mood getting worse. I know its very early days but didnt know wether to give it another month or increase my dose now. I am using 1 pump of estrogel every evening and i have a Mirena coil.

Stephjkm

Re: Should i increase Estrogel dose?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 05:41:01 AM »

I started oestrogel in January on two pumps daily. It initially helped but gradually symptoms returned (although nowhere near as severe). Over the last few months I've increased the dose according to my symptoms and am now on four pumps daily and symptoms are controlled. Each time I waited a month or so before increasing.

1 pump is a very small dose. I'd say add another and see how you get on.

Good luck

allie007

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 06:02:17 AM »

Thank yoy Stephjkm, hope all is well for.you now

allie007

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 06:04:07 AM »

I started oestrogel in January on two pumps daily. It initially helped but gradually symptoms returned (although nowhere near as severe). Over the last few months I've increased the dose according to my symptoms and am now on four pumps daily and symptoms are controlled. Each time I waited a month or so before increasing.

Good luck

When do you put yours on? I know some ladies do both morning and night

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 06:48:04 AM »

It's always best to start low dose then increase if you feel symptoms are returning.  I think I started on one pump now 8 months later I'm steady on 2.5 pumps.  Mine goes on one outer thigh each morning x

allie007

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »

Thank you Annie, i will do that. Got the bloats back today with a vengeance. Thank goodness for elastic trousers x

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 03:16:29 PM »

I suffer with bloating in upper tummy.  I hear you !

Stephjkm

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 06:15:05 PM »

Good luck

When do you put yours on? I know some ladies do both morning and night

I apply the gel in the morning, to inner thighs and outer upper arms and shoulders. Working well for me mow.