Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Everel conti  (Read 1235 times)

Kimmibak

• First Flush
Everel conti
« on: April 19, 2018, 08:34:17 PM »

Hi. Hope someone can give me some advice. I am 52 been post menopausal for about 3 years. Was on oral hrt for about a year (premique low dose) then beginning of January changed to everel conti. Felt really good in the first couple of months but then the last months my  breasts have been so painful just like mid cycle when I used to have periods. Then been getting mild period pains and last couple of days been getting light brown as if I may be coming to a period. So concerned as I used to have endemetriosis and if I start bleeding it could bring that back again. Never had this with the low dose premique. Anyone know what causes the bleed? Should I bear with it and see how it goes? Does it mean the patches are too strong for me? Should I cut it in half? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you

Dancinggirl

Re: Everel conti
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:20:09 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM
You've moved from a low dose HRT to a medium dose HRT so this is a big jump - this would explain the break through bleeding. Your womb lining has probably built up too much so is shedding. With on any conti HRt it is quite normal to experience some spotting or bleeding in the first 6 months and it should settle but if you are getting side effects e.g. very sore breasts, period pains or the bleeding becomes an issue then, you could be better on a different HRT regime.  If you had endometriosis then having a Mirena fitted could ensure that bleeding doesn't become an issue and you then use oestrogen as patch or gel alongside.  Look under TREATMENTS on this site to find out more.
DG x

Kimmibak

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 06:30:59 AM »

Thanks so much for your advice I will see how it goes in the hope it eases off! If not I will go and see about the Mirena .

Aileenf

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 09:07:24 PM »

I was on everol conti from October to March, I was fine for about the first six weeks had trace bleed, then started bleeding every two weeks, and by March I was almost suicidal as it affected my moods.  I was worse on HRT than off it.

I moved to angeliq and have been on it for 8 weeks now, everything going well.

I am 4 years post menopausal and 51.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 08:28:43 PM by Aileenf »