Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Urination style and amount of urine differ drastically at times...anyone else?  (Read 1320 times)

matildamouse

I am 54, post menopausal on Estradot, vaginal progesterone conti and twice weekly vagifem.  Most of the time it feels as though I have to "force" urination and has frequent urination with little bits of urine frequently...like a slightly constant irritable bladder. Then once or twice a month, in the morning after I get up with my first urination,  I have this effortless urination with lots and lots and lots of urine which is MARKEDLY different to my usual style and amouts. It is as though  my body stored all that urine in multiple "secret pockets" and suddenly decided to release it that moment.

Anyone else experience this? And what is your theory or conclusion re reason etc? Thanks

Dancinggirl

If you use progesterone vaginally then this will irritate the bladder, especially being used continuously. I'm not surprised you are having problems.
The bladder does play when meno hits. DG x

Shadyglade

Try leaning slightly backwards when you are on the loo. Also the nerves that control the bladder are based around the tail of the spine. If you tickle that area with your finger tips, when having a wee, it speeds things up no end. (don't laugh, it really works  ;))

matildamouse

Thank you ladies. I am amaare of the effect of vaginal progesterone though wondering why I get the change at times where I have the freeflowing  urination style with excessive amounts...and then I am still on the progesterone. Wondering re a “silent” type of hormone cycle still operating in the background...?