Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Sweats, sweats and more sweats on Elleste. Shall I stop?  (Read 1536 times)

wheatos

Sweats, sweats and more sweats on Elleste. Shall I stop?
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:12:49 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm a MM newbie and a HRT newbie!

I am 52 years old and have had flushes and night/day sweats for about 4 years now, with a period about every 8 months. I've been managing to live with them so far but coupled with my lack of libido (which is distancing me from my husband), and realising my mum is still suffering at aged 75, decided to be proactive. I decided to start HRT and naively thought I'd feel so much better and it would be the end of all my problems!

I have just started on Elleste Duet 1mg and I'm on Day 11. And boy, do I feel absolutely worse than I did before! The sweats and flushes are brutal and, as a Community Nurse, I'm dripping sweat all over my patients!! It's awful. Wished I'd never started this and wonder if it's too late to stop now?!

I am going on a much-needed holiday at the end of the month, end of Progesterone phase of tablets and predicted period (which I was happy to deal with on my US Fly Drive!), but I don't think I can enjoy my holiday with constantly being sweaty and red!! (I have Rosacea too and my makeup just slides off, so I look like a wet beetroot!

The questions is, can I just stop now and hopefully be feeling 'normal' by my holiday and reassess HRT on my return? Or shall I just struggle on (and maybe ruin the trip?)

I will put in a telephone request to my GP but goodness knows when she'll get back to me!
 There are a lot of very knowledgable ladies on this forum, who could teach my GP a thing or two(!), so would appreciate all your experienced advice first and foremost.

Thank you in anticipation X 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sweats, sweats and more sweats on Elleste. Shall I stop?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 11:30:52 AM »

Welcome.  Maybe put the product name into the 'search' box on here to see what springs up from other Members?  I am sure that someone will be along but that will give you something to chew on in the mean time.   Make notes!

If you are feeling worse and in your job, you probably feel embarrassed, personally I would stop.  Add that to the holiday plans ....... browse round.  We have a holiday thread here somewhere  ;).  11 days is neither here nor there.  You can always drop by a local Pharmacy, most have private rooms for discussions these days and may well be more up-2-date than your GP as to what might suite you.

A UK Fly drive! how brave, enjoy!  Take plenty of pain relief, sanitary protection, copies of prescription forms in case ........ are you hiring an RV? oh I am so nosey  :D

wheatos

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 12:11:19 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply CLKD!
It was good to hear you say that 11 days is neither here nor there, so I could stop without any major repercussions. Relief! I could leave it another week and see if the progesterone makes any difference but I think if I have to mop my face in front of a another poor patient, I'll just give up, maybe get a bleed and be dry (in all aspects!), for the holiday.
Thanks for replying.
P.S. We are driving ourselves around New England, but not in an RV! Really looking forward to it and especially now as I feel some worries have been resolved! Thanks again!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 12:16:21 PM »

Give your local pharmacist a call to see if there are any problems with stopping .......... but it's HRT 'replacement'

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »

Any news?

wheatos

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »

Thanks for all your comments. GP reassured me I could stop at any time now, with no ill effects. So deciding whether to stop in next few days or give the progesterone part a few days and see if sweats abate. I feel so mush less stressed about it all now I have reassurance from you guys and my GP. Thanks for all your help 😊😊