Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Amitriptyline for pain relief  (Read 13869 times)

Mary G

Re: Amitriptyline for pain relief
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2022, 04:20:27 PM »

Lyncola, thanks so much for that.   I have decided to go for it and so far so good!   I have been reading reviews on the low dose (10mg) and it seems to be very effective for migraine prevention with minimal side effects.

Lyncola

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2022, 08:29:50 AM »

I hope you get the relief Mary G, it’s funny I got told by eight weeks amitriptyline will be at full affect? But I’ve been on the same dose since Christmas and my headaches and facial pains keep on improving. For the first time this month I’ve had two days with no pain and very month the average keeps on going down 😊

AlfieBo

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2022, 07:12:10 PM »

I have been put on amitryptaline 10mg for diverticular pain. I take it about 8 at night. It seems to be helping and doesn't make me sleepy at all. I went up to 20ng but that knocks me sideways

Dancinggirl

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2022, 07:35:53 PM »

Hi all

I started this thread years ago. I took Amitripityline for only three weeks but found the dry mouth side effect unbearable - I also felt very agitated and almost drunk.  After the first few nights on it, when I'd slept really well, this benefit subsided and I found it difficult to sleep. It took me 3-6 weeks to feel back to normal after I stopped taking it. Maybe I'm super sensitive but I won't be taking that again. DG xx

MabelBabel

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2022, 08:41:59 PM »

I've been taking Amitriptyline for years for lower back pain, nerve related and it works a treat for me.
I lost 2 weeks though when I first started taking it as it said to take it a couple of hours before bed, that was a big mistake! The sedative affect to begin with was huge for me, however, I got used to it and the dry mouth and being zonked out subsided and I was soon able to take it in the evening without any problems.
Pages: 1 2 [3]