Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Everol conti patches  (Read 1781 times)

Dawnies

Everol conti patches
« on: April 12, 2018, 09:56:59 PM »

Hi, I'm on my third day of the patches. I haven't noticed any difference as yet. Has anyone tried these ? I'm a bit reluctant regarding HRT, or nervous I should say . I'm really struggling with the hot  flushes as I'm having up to 20 a day!  :'(. Plus the night sweats, mood swings and very tearful. Can anyone enlighten me please ? Thanks .

Salad

Re: Everol conti patches
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 11:02:28 PM »

:welcomemm:

HRT can be amazingly effective at controlling symptoms but it can take a little while to take effect and find the right dose.
I really would not survive without it  :)

Hopefully you should feel a bit better in the next couple of weeks. Doctors usually start you off with a low dose so you might need to increase it but give it a bit of time.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 08:53:11 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM Dawnies - early days yet I'm afraid.  I assume you are post meno as the GP has given you conti HRT? How old are you and when was your last period?
You are probably starting this HRT from a very low oestrogen base line so it will take time for the body to welcome and adjust to the hormones. You may even experience some strange symptorms e.g. sore breasts, tingling around your ‘lady bits' etc - this is your body waking up and responding to the hormones and these things should settle over the next 3-6 months. If you had started with a sequential HRT this can often give benefits more quickly and help you to determine if the progesterone suits you or not but a sequential HRT will mean putting up with a bleed each month, so not every women wants that. Keep going - you may be surprised how good you feel in the next 3-4 weeks.
In a couple of weeks you will hopefully start to notice some benefits.  DG x

Dawnies

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »

Thank you for yr reply's. I will give it a couple of weeks to see how it goes. I'm 52 and had my last period April 2017. I'm trying to be positive about these patches but like you say it's early days yet.