Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Told to stop oestrogen for 2 days-advice please.  (Read 1226 times)

Optimist

Told to stop oestrogen for 2 days-advice please.
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:13:37 PM »

Hi I'd posted previously regarding being given oestrodose instead of oestrogel due to manufacturing problems. 2 weeks in now using it and feel absolutely awful. Went to GP today and was told to stop the oestrogel and let it get out of my system. After initially feeling rubbish I then seemed to feel okay but 5th day of headache not resolved with pain killers, complete brain fog again, exhaustion and low mood. GP gave me another script for oestrogel and patches to use if only oestrodose available. Pharmacy advised gel back in tomorrow so will hopefully have the good stuff again as had finally got to a decent place I felt on Mirena and oestrogel. I'm really worried about stopping the oestrogen but GP said it'll give me a chance to get oestrodose out of my system then start again. Has anyone else ever been advised to do this? Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks ladies x

Dancinggirl

Re: Told to stop oestrogen for 2 days-advice please.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:16:51 PM »

A couple of days without the Oestrogel won't hurt. What symptoms emerged while you used teh Estrodosoe - did the flushes come back?  I am surprised that the Estrodose didn't' work well - I found no difference between the Oestrogel and Estrodose!!! Why not use the patches in the mean time?
When a really bad tension headaches kicks in then painkiller often won't work - in fact I find they can make it worse.  Can you get a massage? OR do some relaxation techniques, get out for a brisk walk to clear the head etc.???? DG x

Optimist

Re: Told to stop oestrogen for 2 days-advice please.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 03:06:25 PM »

Hi and thanks DG. 2 days off the oestrodose my headaches went, I felt my mood lift and generally felt much better. Whatever it is they do differently with the gels I can't work out but I'm verr sensitive to any meds and obviously hormones too. I used patches for a few days until the oestrogel came back in I was feeling quite good again. Started taking the oestrogel (not oestrodose) and have given up after 3 days back on it as if just doesn't seem to suit me at present. Night sweats, tired, foul mood, hate everyone waking again, my hair is coming out in handfuls, skin and hair dry, skin on fingers cracking again blah blah the list goes in. Patch on this morning and again my mood had lifted! Will see how I go on patches for 2 weeks then go back to gp to ask to go back on patches permanently if working well.
I can't work it out, maybe I'm absorbing gel too well or not absorbing? Also the risk of getting back to a steady place on the gel to be told again few months down the line; no supplies, is just too much to take on board. I've had a rollercoaster month all down to these bloody gels and just want to feel okay again x