Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and SPF sun cream  (Read 1773 times)

Avalon85

• First Flush
Oestrogel and SPF sun cream
« on: April 14, 2018, 09:49:54 AM »

This is probably going to sound a daft question but I've been on 2 pumps of Oestrogel daily for the last 6 weeks and one Utrogestan 100mg nightly as I'm post menopausal. Main problems were low mood, fuzzy head and truly horrendous joint aches and pains. The combination seems to be working so far but as I go away each year for a beach holiday and tan (safely) there and at home weather permitting I wondered what other users do re the issue of sun creams applied to the site? I currently apply my oestrogel to upper arms/shoulders. In the sun I actually use a non SPF product called Institute Esthoderm which builds up your melanin rather than provides an SPF barrier and it's brilliant! Interestingly I usually opt for a gradual tan product in the summer between trips abroad too. How does that also interact with oestrogel? Any tips - Google wasn't much use and my GP's not that helpful. I was wondering if I start changing to using it applied to inner thighs instead - as I wouldn't be exposing that part to sun as regularly as upper arms and shoulders - that might be an option? I know it all sounds a bit frivolous but looking good and the self esteem that comes with it matters, especially at this time of life. Any experiences/tips?

Dancinggirl

Re: Oestrogel and SPF sun cream
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »

Apply the Oestrogel to inner thighs (better place to apply anyway) and allow it to dry before dressing and after 2 hours you can apply sun cream. Just make sure you wash the area really well before applying the Oestrogel or it won't absorb. DG x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »

I apply mine to outer thighs as soon as I'm up and showered abroad.  I Leave it a couple of hours then apply my sunscreen then get on that sumbed and chill for the day x

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »

I apply to my inner legs at night, when I get into bed and you will then have no problems with sunscreen in the day.