Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Am I having periods still at 55?  (Read 1348 times)

Hollyett

Am I having periods still at 55?
« on: April 11, 2018, 08:27:48 PM »

Hello, new to this site and hope I can receive some insight and advise. Last year I had a scan and womb biopsy done for sporadic bleeding, everything came back fine. A blood test indicated I was not fully through the menopause . During the investigation I had my mirena coil removed which had been in me for 8 years. Since this time I have still continued to have a light bleed lasting around 3 days . i had a period just before Christmas and then again in March, with a slight bleed 4 weeks again later. I am feeling anxious about all this and do not want to go through more painful examinations if this is just my body doing what it should be doing. Anyone else in their mid 50s still having symptoms?

Taz2

Re: Am I having periods still at 55?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 08:31:26 PM »

Hi Hollyett. I was still having periods when I started  HRT at the age of almost 54 so I have no idea how long they would have gone on for naturally. There are quite a few women on here who continue to have periods well into their fifties. The thing to really watch out for is bleeding after sex - this should always be investigated. Lots of us have found that it is when our periods stop that menopausal symptoms begin or worsen so although they may be a nuisance hanging on to them is sometimes a good thing.  :)

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Machair

Re: Am I having periods still at 55?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:21:27 PM »

Hello
Have a look at my thread as this should really help you.xx

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36765.0.html