Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding at 56.  (Read 1702 times)

Hollyett

Bleeding at 56.
« on: April 10, 2018, 08:12:39 PM »

Hello. I am feeling anxious and hope someone can help. Last year I was referred for a scan and biopsy for sporadic bleeds. My blood level showed that I was not fully through the menapause. Everything came back as normal. At that time I had the mirena coil removed. The doctor suggested putting another one in but I declined as I didn't want to go through having it taken out at some point  again. I had what seemed to be a period before Christmas which was light and lasted 3 days and then in early March another one which was the same, then nearly four weeks later a bleed again lasting only 24 hours. Is this normal?
The last two bleeds have occurred within 24 hours of having intercourse. I am now wondering if that's a coincidence. I am feeling worried and now think I will have to contact the GP again, though I hate , like everyone, internal examinations and dread going through all the tests again like last year. I am such a wimp and a worrier. Has anyone else suffered with something like this. Any wisdom and advice would be appreciated .

Snoooze

Re: Bleeding at 56.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »

Someone more knowledgeable will be along but just to reassure you it sounds completely normal to me and is typical of peri menopause when periods are all over the place.

Hollyett

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 06:17:35 PM »

Thank you Snooze for your reassuring reply. Xx

Snoooze

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 06:28:45 PM »

Hi, Perhaps post this under new members or all things menopause where more members will see it and offer reassurance.