Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crossroads over HRT  (Read 4237 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Crossroads over HRT
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 07:03:30 AM »

If you have migraines then transdermal hrts are considered better to use but if they are tension headaches then it won't matter which you use.  You may find your headaches will be better with HRT as you may feel generally better so be less tense and stressed so could reduce your headaches.
Finding the right HRT for you will be trial and error - what is right for one women may not be right for another.
If your symptoms are hormones related then HRT should help - I assume these symptoms have only emerged since you entered menopause? I were you I would start with the Femoston 1/10 for 3 months and see how it goes.
HRT is not a perfect treatment and it doesn't suit everyone but unless you try it you'll never know. If you feel anxious about trying HRT then this may make your headaches worse. You need to learn relaxation techniques, get some good exercise like brisk walking or swimming or dance classes regularly and of course follow a sensible diet. It's a range  of strategies, including HRT, that will work. DG x

Sammas

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »

Thanks DG, It's just taking that step I've been taking Estroven for a while which seemed to work Since starting the Natures Plus liquid Gold at £46 I've felt worse It's supposed to be a wonder vitamin and energy drink Is it best to carry on taking vits as well? Xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 08:07:11 PM »

If you think your diet is lacking in certain nutrients then supplements can be helpful. Vitamin D is the most important one to take in winter time or year round if you don't get enough sun.
I like to take Omega 3 oils as I don't eat oily fish.
I assume you are using supplements that are supposed to help meno symptoms but I'm afraid only HRT will reduce flushes and other meno symptoms.
DG x
With
Pages: 1 [2]