Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crossroads over HRT  (Read 4236 times)

Sammas

Crossroads over HRT
« on: April 10, 2018, 06:46:40 PM »

First I would like to apologise that this is my third post over the last few weeks I thought things were improving Headaches have reduced at the moment and I am taking liquid Gold vitamin drink and Vit D spray Felt better over the last 2 days but today worst than a longtime At Work I had anxiety, chest pains, earache, a slight tremble in one hand, pmt, felt irritable and sick. These varied throughout the day I was so glad to come home. I am trying so hard to stay positive, eat healthy and do exercise but can't have another day like today Worried a time will come when my job that I love will be too much. Thanks for reading. S x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Crossroads over HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:40:03 PM »

You can post how you feel .......it's what MM is all about.

Hormones can be up and down, peri is a great learning curve.  Not one we find easy sometimes!

HORMONES  >:(

Anxiety surges can be caused by the body being hungry.  These symptoms feed off each other and increases how we feel. 

Do you keep a food/mood/syptom diary?

Sammas

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 08:31:43 PM »

Thanks CLKD I don't keep a diary although I think about it I thought gluten was a problem but now not so sure Feel like I'm clutching at straws and sometimes going mad! X

Sammas

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 04:38:09 PM »

Having had a period that was shorter 2 weeks ago, I now have another and with it has come the tension headache So this week has been like more pmt What else could I take or could any natural natural supplement be making things worst?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 05:29:57 PM »

Sammas - have you tried HRT?  You are doing all the right things but still suffering. DG x

Sammas

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 06:12:58 PM »

Hi Dancing girl, No I haven't tried HRT How do I know which ones to take? X

paisley

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 08:34:47 PM »

Hi
It's a bit trial & error with HRT. What suits one person doesn't necessary suit another. Lots of ladies say the gels are good & also the patches

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 08:58:36 PM »

Sammas - how old are you? If your periods are erratic then this is typical for peri menopause and a low dose of HRt could help balance things. 
Here is an article that might help you understand what's going on: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-mainly.php#perils

The type of HRT you need will depend on a variety of things but, as paisley has said, it can be trial and error till you find the one that will suits you.
I will suggest you start by asking for Femoston 1/10 as this HRT has a kinder progesterone that suits many women very well.

Make an appointment with your GP - write down all you symptoms and questions and ask if you can try Femoston 1/10 to help control your menopause symptoms. DG x

Sammas

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 05:56:29 AM »

Thanks ladies I'm 50 in a few weeks time x

Sammas

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 07:05:07 AM »

My friend has suggested the mirena coil ? She had a bad start with it but ok now Any thoughts?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 07:12:58 AM »

The Mirena can be a great option as part of an HRT regime as it usually results in no bleeding after the first few weeks and you can use any amount of oestrogen (either pills, patch or Oestrogel) alongside to control meno symptoms.
There can be a few issues initially after fitting but this usually settles quite quickly.
DG x

paisley

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 09:46:08 AM »

My friend also has the mirena coil & she says it is very good

Sammas

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »

Paisley and Dancing girl, Thanks for your advice Do you know how Femeston compares to Mirena? Do you need to take other things with them? X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 07:13:14 PM »

They are simply different regimes of HRT. Femoston is a combined HRT in pill form and if you are using the sequential version ( which is advisable at first) will give monthly periods.  The Mirena is more transdermal and delivers the progesterone more locally to where it is needed and once this is in place you simply use oestrogen only patches and Oestrogel alongside. After the first few weeks there is usually no bleeding with the Mirena.
All the info is under TREATMENTS on this site - so read all this and print off the stuff to show the doctor as this will help with discussion. DG x

Sammas

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 06:07:18 AM »

Dancing Girl, what is the best hrt if you suffer from bad tension headaches? X
Pages: [1] 2