Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: TOO EARLY  (Read 2149 times)

Salbo18

TOO EARLY
« on: April 04, 2018, 05:54:37 PM »

I am new to this forum, and have been deciding if to post or not, my husband thinks it's a good idea for a bit of reassurance  ::) so I'm 39 and are definatly peri I was put on evorel sequi patches last october. But the symptoms I'm getting are just ridiculous (patches have helped a little....well I'm having periods again  and sleepless nights have reduced) but the others are getting me down....are these normal......achey muscles, pain (not a day that goes by were something different is hurting or twinging) I feel I'm becoming a bit of a hypochondriac and I'm getting on my own nerves so God knows how the husband is coping with me  :'(  funny vision like floaters, anxiety is horrible, palpitations.....is this normal or should I go see my gp again ....sorry for the ramble .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: TOO EARLY
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:00:45 PM »

Oh rambling is normal on here  ::)

Browse round. Make notes.   :welcomemm: ........ as oestrogen levels drop off so the body may become dry, inside and out.  Nostrils, deep in the ears, eyes, skin, vagina; also muscles may become lax = aches and pains .  Anxiety levels can rise as hormones dip and dive.

Some ladies find that keeping a food/mood/symptom diary is useful. 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 07:22:58 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Salbo18
The patches you have been given are medium dose and possibly too high a dose as you are peri meno.
Why not ask to try a lower dose HRT as pills e.g Femoston 1/10 as this has a kinder progesterone that may give you fewer side effects.
Look under TREATMENTS on this site to see your options as you may need to try different HRT types till your find the one that suits you.
Maybe ask to have your vitamin D levels checked as aches and fatigue are the symptoms of Vit D deficiency. DG x

Salbo18

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 08:03:05 PM »

Thank you for your replys I'll defo get my vitamin D checked, and chat about my dosage although I do suffer high blood pressure and I know tablets can effect it I'm lead to believe  :-\ And CLKD you have actually answered one of my questions that's if forgot to mention  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 08:07:44 PM »

Which question was that  :lol:

Salbo18

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 08:51:43 PM »

Which question was that  :lol:
the dry nose and eyes   ::) but mainly happens when I'm having a bleed for some strange reason. Cam I just ask have you experience the tight feeling around the head feels like I've got a hat or something  :veil:

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 08:17:27 PM »

Yep.  You name it, one of us on here has had some experience of what ever raises it's ugly head next  ::)

Dry skin, dry nostrils, etc. etc. etc..   Browse round. Make notes.

Maybe buy a home blood pressure monitor because many people have high readings in the GP Surgery!  It's The Change tha' knows  ::) so expect the un-expected.

Salbo18

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 06:05:31 AM »

Good advice thank you   :clapping:

Deborah1967

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 01:29:03 PM »

Hi and welcome,
I'm New too so no great advice I'm afraid.
I'm dry everywhere lol. Ache all over constantly. Feel like I'm an old crone and how could my wife love me.
It's all normal apparently. Another joy of being a woman.
Wishing you all the best. X

Daisydot

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 05:52:58 PM »

I suppose your one consolation Deborah is if your wife is younger than you then you will be a guiding light for her when her time comes so maybe it's not all bad and hopefully you won't have too harsh a time yourself. Fingers crossed x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 08:41:32 PM »

Browse round, make notes - keep your wife up-2-date? 

Deborah1967

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 11:34:43 AM »

Thanks daistdot.
I look at her and think just you wait lol. She deserves a medal putting up with my temper. X

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 11:42:54 AM »

So give her a medal Deb.? then explain what is happening  ;)