Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low tolerance for mess  (Read 4102 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Low tolerance for mess
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »

:lol:

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 02:12:55 PM »

Ha ha haaaaaaaaa! I took some photos of the dust and mess one day after my guy had supposedly cleaned, to show him what it was I was fussing about...you know how the apple photo software makes those ‘best of' slideshow albums, well it showed up in best of the month!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 06:13:35 PM »

His reaction was  :-\

Hezzalady67!

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 06:55:09 PM »

It is only on my device, noone else sees it, I don't enable sharing.

Therefore, it was more of a reminder to me that I had been a bit ridiculous!  ::)

Tiddles

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 09:07:48 AM »

I used to have a neighbour who had a square of material she produced every evening as her husband walked in the door that she would place on his chair before he sat down. It would be folded and put away whilst he was at work. Whenever the lounge had beenwalked over she would hoover - many times a day - getting the carpet pile perfect each time.  Her grandchildren were trained to clean the sink with kitchen cleaner and a fesh cloth from a neat pile kept in the cupboard after every hand wash and then put the cloth in the wash bin.  Washing was done every evening.  This isn't gossip, she was a friend and knew her behaviour was abnormal but couldn't bear anything less than perfection. Eventually the marriage broke down after he had an affair with another neighbour, who was the complete opposite :-(

My mum always cleaned before visitors arrived and I do the same.  Because of this I have a reputation for a very clean house but in between visitors, I clean if and when I can be bothered.  My mum taught me well I think ;-)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 11:32:01 AM »

I dont worry as long as the toilets are clean and my kitchen working surfaces and cooker.  My Auntie spent her life cleaning and cleaning and never had a thing out of place.  In the summer holidays my Mum would take us plus my cousins down to play in the sea while my Auntie carried on cleaning. I used to feel sorry for my cousins as their mum would never come.

I dont clean up half as much as I used to and nobody notices.   ;D

Yesterday we had a plasterer here getting rid of the hideous artex ceiling in the kitchen and replastering it. That meant emptying all my dresser of a huge jug collection and also the tops of the cupboards - that all got piled up in the lounge and by tea time we had agreed to have a new fitted kitchen so they may well stay there for months! 

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 03:10:31 PM »

Artex into a sealed bag and away now ........... we had to dispose of in a specifically labelled bag supplied by the Council. 

Will you keep the jugs?  I am slowly getting rid of things that have stood about as I have enjoyed them.  However, my idea of 2 items out and 1 in hasn't yet worked  :D.  Add to that a few items I was going to sell but DH said 'no'  ::).  I haven't seen our dining room table top for 5 years as he has watch bits and pieces there, in some semblance of order.

We too clean well B4 having visitors, it always surprised me how thorough he was prior to his parents turning up  ;D

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 08:59:50 PM »

Artex into a sealed bag and away now ........... we had to dispose of in a specifically labelled bag supplied by the Council. 

Will you keep the jugs?  I am slowly getting rid of things that have stood about as I have enjoyed them.  However, my idea of 2 items out and 1 in hasn't yet worked  :D.  Add to that a few items I was going to sell but DH said 'no'  ::).  I haven't seen our dining room table top for 5 years as he has watch bits and pieces there, in some semblance of order.

We too clean well B4 having visitors, it always surprised me how thorough he was prior to his parents turning up  ;D

I don't get what you mean about artex. Artex is what used to be very fashionable in the 70s.  Its various patterns or squiggles in the plasterwork.  Ours fortunately were not too detailed but my friend has the weirdest patterns on her ceilings - swirls and comb effect and really deep plaster.
Are you thinking of something else?

I am undecided about the jugs but over the last couple of years Ive got rid of lots of stuff that I used to collect. Loads of crafting gear which I sold on Ebay, books which I put on car boot stall, knitting wool which I gave to charity shop and so on.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »

Oh I remember those swirls PF.  Done with a special spatula-like thingy .........  Maybe it was the 'artex' tiles that had asbestos in?  :-\

Pages: 1 [2]