Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Angeliq “problem with the manufacturer “  (Read 1631 times)

Marie62

Angeliq “problem with the manufacturer “
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »

Been doing really well on Angeliq for about 8 months after suffering really bad anxiety and depression due to taking Elleste and then Kliovance, felt awful on them and after researching on here decided to change to Angeliq.
Feel so much better but today went to pick up my 6 month prescription in Boots and they've only given me 1 months supply as there is a problem with the manufacturer.  I'm now worried in case they will be discontinued and am scared the anxiety and depression will return if I have to change to another HRT or worse still stop it all together if nothing else agrees with me.
Boots said they would phone me if they get it in.
I'm just wondering if I could phone round some other branches of Boots and other pharmacies to see if they have any Angeliq in stock or if the Boots I went to today could do that for me? They still have my prescription so would I have to get it back off them if another pharmacy had it in? They just gave me a ticket saying they owe me 5 months worth.
Should have asked all these questions when I was there but didn't think at the time and was stressed by them not having it!
I've had trouble getting it before but they've always been able to order it for me to pick up a few days later, the pharmacist said it's not prescribed very often so they don't have a large stock of it. It's just typical though you find a HRT that works for you then you get all these problems trying to get it  >:(

Aileenf

Re: Angeliq “problem with the manufacturer “
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 12:32:57 PM »

Oh no, I've been on Angeliq for 5 weeks and doing well on it have, I have 7 weeks supply left wonder if I should try and get more just now  :-\

Marie62

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 01:42:01 PM »

Aileenf
I went back to Boots today and asked the pharmacist if I could try a few more chemists to see if they had any Angeliq in stock, he said he would phone round himself and if there was it would have to be delivered to them, he took my number and said he'd text me if he could get any, not holding my breath as it seems to be always out of stock as it's not prescribed very often >:(
He seemed pretty clueless as to what the manufacturer problem was but with the months supply I managed to get I did notice that the patient information leaflet was like a print out,not the small booklet that usually comes with it and mentioned something like “due to regulatory changes the content of the patient information leaflet may vary from the one found in your medicine pack”
I'm thinking maybe there's a problem with the information leaflets and not the actual pills.
It's just a case of waiting now to see if the pharmacist can find some in stock somewhere.  I've got about 5 weeks supply left and really do not want to change to another HRT and all the side effects that could bring as I've said I've been really good on Angeliq and am getting stressed at the thought of having to come off it.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 01:50:52 PM »

Contact the manufacturer and ask them when it will be back in stock .

Marie62

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 02:02:02 PM »

Thanks Dotty
According to the leaflet Angeliq is made by Bayer AG in Berlin.
There is an address and phone number for Bayer plc in Reading, England,would this be who I contact?
I shall give them a call in a few days if I can't get anywhere with the pharmacist.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 02:10:47 PM »

Yes I would contact them.

I did the same thing last week when I couldn't get Oestrogel.

Marie62

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 02:18:19 PM »

Ok thanks again Dotty I shall do that after the weekend. Trust me to be on HRT that's apparently not prescribed very often :)