Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Confused  (Read 869 times)

Herbie73

Confused
« on: April 05, 2018, 05:07:02 PM »

Evening ladies,

So I am really confused and anxious, so I got the results of my hormone blood test today and all was normal, so this has sent me into a panic because the spotting I had last month obviously wasn't due to perimenopause, did anyone else get a normal hormone test, but are going through perimenopause, I'm now convinced I have endometrial cancer even though the spotting was almost non existent this month, I really need some reassurance as I was hoping the results would come back that my hormones were out of whack, I have had cervix checked all ok, pelvic exam, all ok, the only other thing left is the vaginal ultrasound which could take up to 6 weeks.

I hope there are ladies out there with the same problems that can help.

Many thanks xxx

Taz2

Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 05:15:59 PM »

I think you will find that "normal" means normal for your age. If you are in your forties then it is normal to be peri-menopausal. Peri lasts for eight to ten years. Blood tests are really unreliable because hormones are fluctuating throughout the month. Mine showed that I was post-menopause and I was told that I would never have another period only for me to go on having them for over a year afterwards before going onto HRT.

Were you given your actual levels?

Taz x

Herbie73

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:39:22 PM »

No should I have asked?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 10:18:22 PM »

It would just give us some idea of what 'normal' meant. Some GPs do tell you your levels.

Taz  :hug: