Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 990 times)

Crystalangel

• First Flush
Hello
« on: March 26, 2018, 10:35:23 AM »

Hi ladies, I'm 50 in October and have been peri menopausal for about six years that I know of. My periods are erratic, I had two in Feb, one at the beginning, one at the end. They have got longer, before this started I was as regular as clockwork. All natural, never been on pill. I am managing fairly well compared to other women I know. The worst thing for me is the forgetfulness, going to the fridge, forgetting what I went for, the mood swings and feelings of gloom and doom. I hate feeling sad, lost all my confidence. I don't drink or smoke and as I'm a reiki practitioner I obviously use reiki and crystals on myself. I also take menopace, magnesium, evening primrose oil, ginger, B vitamin and flaxseed oil supplements. I hate having feelings of dread, I think about awful things happening and I have to stop myself. I'm slightly paranoid too, I'm very anti social at the moment, I like being at home, I feel safer. My moods don't help my hubby or my kids who are 18, 22 and still live at home. I've tried explaining  its hormonal. I just look in the mirror sometimes and wonder if I will ever see the old me. It's good to read other ladies points of view. Also I'm not impressed I've lost my sex drive, I just don't get any horny feelings at the moment.  :(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:43:10 AM by Crystalangel »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 07:15:14 PM »

It's The Change ....... does what it says on the tin and it can be such a shock.   :welcomemm:  Maybe print off hints for husbands from here.  Browse round the 'treatments' section above and make notes.

Stop trying to be all things to all people.  Relax. Exercise gently.  Take lots of 'me' time  ;)

Sounds 'within normal limits' from where I'm sitting.  Your sex drive may well return, mine did.  Lay back and think of .......... and eventually your sex feelings will perk up. 

Crystalangel

• First Flush
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 07:47:00 AM »

Thank you for replying! I hope my libido comes back. I walk about 15 miles a week with my dog and hula hoop every night, drink lots of water. I do need to stop doing so much for everyone else though. I will keep trying to get hubby to read bits lol.