Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen Level too high?  (Read 1182 times)

Rosti

Oestrogen Level too high?
« on: April 10, 2018, 02:25:40 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Soo, today I received the results from the Oestrogen blood test I had taken.  It shows a count of  1171 pmol/l.  I have searched around here for some clues as to what this means and it suggests this might be a bit on the high side but people also mention age and stage of journey etc.

Is this too high?

Age 51, no idea where I am in the menopause journey.... Estradot 75mcg patches plus Utrogestan (as much as I can tolerate each month) but never the 200mg for 12 days.

What (if anything) should I do?

Thanks
xxx

Optimist

Re: Oestrogen Level too high?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 08:23:56 PM »

I'm no expert in this abx sure others will advise further but you could maybe try snip a third of the patch off to see if 50mcgs works for you as a trial. But if it's keeping your symptoms at bay maybe it's the right dose for you? Hearing a lot of people can't tolerate the 12 days x 200mg utrogestan.
I'm not good with progesterones.
Good luck x

dangermouse

Re: Oestrogen Level too high?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 09:00:27 PM »

Blood tests aren't always helpful as hormones can be very volatile surging from one hour to the next. It could be because you're close to ovulation or just oestrogen surges. If your HRT is a normal type dose I doubt it's that. I wouldn't be concerned if you feel ok.