Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 3 months on HRT  (Read 1337 times)

sandie72

3 months on HRT
« on: April 04, 2018, 04:13:09 PM »

That's me into 3 months on 1mg of Elleste Duet and although most symptoms are lots better i.e. Sleeping, flushing, palpitations and energy. The new symptom I am trying to deal with is the fact I can hardly bare to be in the same room as my husband let alone anything else. I have been to the Dr and discussed this and she has told me to carry on with it for another 3 months and then it could be looked at increasing to the 2mg on the same HRT. Does anyone have any experience of increasing the dosage being of any help. I realise lots of women go through this feeling but didn't have much confidence in what the Dr was saying as she was looking up this site for information. I am going through the menopause early and the thought of this being what the future holds is making me feel low. I feel that I am turning into a nasty person as I am going out my way to be horrible to my other half. I don't even want to discuss it with him. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

Tinkerbell

Re: 3 months on HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:25:29 PM »

I wonder if it is the progesterone in it, the week before my period I used to get increasingly irritated with my husband and could have easily murdered him at times!

Jasnan

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:43:58 PM »

Hormones >:(!  Try not to worry, at times I was convinced my husband was having an affair! {thankfully he was'nt} It definately takes time for everything to balance out.  If your doctor thinks you need to increase your dose, you could try that. I also have no faith with my G.P and the best advice I have had has been on here, either other sufferers or the experts.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 09:05:11 PM »

Annie - try a different HRT type. A  HRT with a different progesterone might improve your mood.
Oestrogel or oestrogen  patches with either Provera or Utrogestan for 10-12 days each month might be worth trying. Transdermal hrt might also help libido which may help your marriage.
Look under TREATMENTS on this site to see your options.
You might like to consider a Mirena with transdermal
Oestrogen which can be a great non bleed HRT option. DG x

NorthArm

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 05:14:53 AM »

Hi Annie

So glad you've had improvements with most of your symptoms x

As for your husband, do you have a good marriage? As in, is he reliable, steady, kind (if a bit boring)? If he is, then maybe you could talk to him about how you feel. I did read somewhere a while ago that some women revert to the pre adolescent aversion to sex when they hit this stage of life, particularly during peri. It generally does resolve with time and good hormonal management, maybe you might need some testosterone?

If he is not a reasonable man (ie, is quite selfish and demanding - my ex husband was, I'm now divorced 5 years), then maybe some marriage counselling might be in order?

Are you suffering from dryness at all? I know when I first hit this about 8 months ago, everything shrivelled and dried up overnight - it was so distressing, and the thought of being intimate made me want to vomit! Hormones helped me very much with that side of things thank goodness. I now use a pessary twice a week for maintenance.

Anyway, I hope you're going ok with it all x

sandie72

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 02:39:33 PM »

Thank you for all the good advise. I am thinking I will give it another month on the Elleste Duet one mg and see if anything changes. I am going to try and figure out whether it is worse whilst on the progesterone days. Sounds like could be a good idea to change to the patches to see if that improves anything. I think I was disappointed the Dr didn't suggest any of these things to try. 😏 Other than the increase to 2mg.
My husband & I do have a good marriage just feels like at the moment I can't be bothered with him. He does work away from home and usually I looking forward to him returning but not at the moment. No problem with dryness or anything think it's more psychological and how I feel about my changing body. I am also very aware of not putting on weight which is resulting in exercising a lot to keep on top of things.