Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Homeopathic medications  (Read 9372 times)

Hurdity

Re: Homeopathic medications
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »

Well bramble - while I quite agree with your sentiment that we should always be mindful of the OP when answering a thread, as dangermouse says, threads do evolve - sometimes to become long-running threads, and as long as the OP's original question has been answered, and posts remain polite then it's fine to develop into general discussion.

In luv2laff's case - her question was answered in the first few posts - although I did specifically direct a (friendly) comment to her at the end of my last recent post.

Also the following discussion was directly relevant to her question, specificially this one "I also need to know whether it's ok to use homeopathic meds alongside prescription meds for menopause". Any interactions between any products depend on what the actual preparations contain -  ie in this case we need to take into account 'what are homeopathic meds?' - hence the discussion! No-one is going to start a new thread on homeopathy specifically to debate the scientific evidence (or lack of it)  for homeoapthy threads don't work like that. Someone asks a question and it gets answered and discussed.

As I said before research trials provide a starting point and thereafter - personal experiences are invaluable. As for the charlatans and taking people's money - hmmm - I'll reserve judgement on that one.

Homeopathic and herbal remedies are completely different. I am surprised also to read this about Germany?

Hurdity x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2018, 09:02:01 AM »

As for 'the poor OP isn't being answered, what will she think?' I would hope she would think she had found a very useful forum populated by lots of women with differing opinions. I would hope she would understand that intelligent debate isn't static and linear. And I would hope she would understand that very often you learn far more from reading what you 'need' to know, as opposed to want you 'want' to know.

Shadyglade

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2018, 09:08:58 AM »

Homeopathic and herbal remedies are completely different. I am surprised also to read this about Germany?

Hudity I know this from personal experience.  I used to live there.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2018, 09:28:19 AM »

It goes back to the Tribes which remain un-sullied by Western Cultures too, where they rely on what grows around them.  I went to a talk by David Attenborough many years ago and some of the stories he told us ............ probably a new topic  ;)

bramble

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2018, 05:35:05 PM »

I made a normal appointment at my normal health clinic to discuss my migraines. Didn't specify any doctor and by chance got a doctor who also prescribed homeopathic remedies. I had never asked about them, this was totally all on his part as part of the NHS here. I subsequently went to see him privately when I moved out of the health centre's area. So homeopathic treatments have been part of the NHS strategy here in Scotland for many years.

Bramble
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]