Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi - am I imagining it?  (Read 1021 times)

sadielouise78

Evorel Sequi - am I imagining it?
« on: March 31, 2018, 09:58:40 PM »

Hi. I'm on my first pack of Evorel Sequi and the first two weeks have gone 'Ok' although I'm far from happy but I changed onto the second type of patch on Thursday and since then I've had really disturbed sleep, night sweats have started again and I'm so exhausted I literally couldn't get myself out of bed this morning. Should this be happening? Should I just be putting up with this? Or will there be something that just makes me feel better the whole month through?

Thanks,
Sarah

Dotty

Re: Evorel Sequi - am I imagining it?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 06:39:29 AM »

It could be the progesterone in it that is causing the problems. You need to change to a tablet or patch that contains a different progesterone to see if that is any better.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 09:47:54 AM »

As Dotty says it could be the progesterone but you need to try each HRT for at least three months to give side effects a chance to settle down. There are various options available but it's important to give each one a three month trial.

Taz x

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 04:04:35 PM »

I had awful problems with the norehistine (progesterone) part of Evorel Sequi. I know it's good advice to try HRT for 3 months but my personal view is that bio-identical HRT are the best ones to try first (i.e. Estrogel and utrogestan).

This is available on the NHS and is considered the most flexible and kindest type of HRT. It may not be right for you but I found it really hard trying something for 3 months that gave me fatigue and anxiety (Evorel Sequi) and wish I had tried the kindest type of HRT first as that seems the most sensible thing to do at this challenging time i our lives.

Many people have problems with the progesterone part of HRT and Evorel Sequi is often quoted as one of the ones that people struggle with. Obviously some people manage it fine which is great.

Good luck xxx