Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 1124 times)

kakimo

Hi all
« on: April 01, 2018, 01:36:27 PM »

I'm on evorel patches. Has anyone on them got any advise for stopping a bleed. I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks time. I'm due to start the evorel conti on Wednesday. Looked up google but not very clear as what to do.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 01:42:45 PM »

Hi!

Put the product name into the 'search' box on here and read threads?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 08:11:16 AM »

:welcomemm: kakimo.

Have you just started the Evorel patches and I presume from what you are saying you are on the sequi version? When and how you bleed partly depends on your own underlying cycle and where you are in menopause. eg if you carry on with the Evorel 50 the oestrogen only patches, but you ovulate anyway then you will get a bleed at the normal time. One possibily would be to take the Evorel patches for say 10 days to attempt to bring on your bleed early. It muight mean a heavier bleed the following month. If you carry on with the Evorel conti patches for longer than two weeks  then you might prevent a bleed although if you have womb lining ready to shed you could get sporadic bleeding anyway at the time you were supposed to. The only sure way to prevent a bleed in your circumstances I think is to take tablets and I don't think this would be recommended. I know it's annoying - but in our fertile years we never knew when we were going to bleed and just had to put up with it.

For me - I am on a long cycle but I work my progestogen cycle and bleeding times around when I'm going away so as to avoid it - and I have to plan it quite a long time in advance!

Hurdity x

kakimo

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 07:47:08 PM »

Thankyou for reply's think I will try taking the evoril 50 for extra week see how it goes

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 08:13:32 PM »

Hi kakimo

Taz x  :welcomemm:

kakimo

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 08:21:41 PM »

Thanks x