Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hormone levels  (Read 707 times)

AnnieR66

Hormone levels
« on: June 12, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »

Hi all,
This seems like a stupid question but how can your body adjust to lower hormone levels post meno if you are on hrt?
From what I can gather they keep dropping until they reach a low level then your body is supposed to adjust to that?!
If you are on hrt (patches in my case) I suppose the only thing to do is come off it for a while and give it a good amount of time? but as we can see from ladies on here that's not easy!
I have only felt this rough in pregnancy, as soon as I gave birth I was ok again, but of course there's no "giving birth" this time!
Just so fed up with it all, as we all are.
Thanks for reading

Annie x :(

Sammiejane

Re: Hormone levels
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:07:28 PM »

Hi Annie

Can I ask what HRT you are on and how long you have been on it ?

I'm on estrogen only after ovary removal and hysterectomy and I feel the nausea like morning sickness from when I was pregnant and my mood very irrational from low depression then to aniexty hair loss has started which I am post meno 4 yrs but had no Symtoms of menopause intill 4 yrs later and the 6 months I've been on HRT estrogen I'm worse then ever but I'm only 40 so they say I need it but got zero energy my estradiol level was 195 which they say is still to low ? And testosterone is 0.8 again low
I'm debating stopping it I've gained weight suffering bowel trouble all since the fabulous HRT

AnnieR66

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 04:29:59 PM »

Hi, I am on evorel 75 patches and utrogestan.
You sound similar to me!
I have been on it for 2 years.

Annie x

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »

Hi Annie

The problem I have with increasing to 3 pumps is my moods get worse and aniexty breast pain worse and under my armpits and I am nearly 5 yrs post menopause so my body has adjusted to the low levels of estrogen already as had ovaries removed hormones plumit and I had no meno symtoms a couple of hot moments twice a day once at night after 2 years these stopped then I start HRT and seen the last 6 months been the worst for me I only went on HRT in the first place as I had dampness VA which perhaps could of been avoided if I had started estrogen hrt . Plus the more I increase estrogen the more hairloss I get. They say estrogen is not needed because I have no uterus although could take if I want to would do no harm I'm wondering whether it is worth it to balance out estrogen ? Cause my progesterone and testosterone are low compared to estrogen and had my ovaries of been kept I would of been still producing all 3 hormones ? Plus I'm wondering if I try progesterone would this help with my bowel function