Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Can I delay or bring period forward  (Read 4293 times)

Catsuz

• First Flush
Can I delay or bring period forward
« on: June 05, 2018, 08:16:35 PM »

Hi everyone, I've been reading previous posts on this subject and I'm afraid I'm still confused. I'm 47 have been on evorel sequi patches for 4 months prior to this I was still having regular periods. Since starting the patches I have been getting a bleed after applying the last patch (combi one) I'm due to start a new packet tomorrow meaning I'll start on the evorel 50 patch (oestrogen only).
I've just booked a holiday to Dubai for the end of June, the soaring heat and the included water park mean that if there was anyway to delay or preferably bring forward my next bleed I would be over the moon (so would my daughter)
I have previously used norethistrone to delay bleed but not sure if this is still okay whilst on patches. I don't know if I can adapt the patches to perhaps bring my next bleed on around 5 days earlier. I would be grateful for any help or advice anyone can share with me. 

Hurdity

Re: Can I delay or bring period forward
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »

Hi Catsuz

:welcomemm:

If you have been having regular periods before starting HRT then it might not be possible to stop your own cycle breaking through whatever patches you decide to use. In other words the norethisterone in the patch may not be a high enough dose to delay your period if you take the conti patches back to back - which is one way of trying it - might make your bleed lighter perhaps? You could try only taking the conti ptaches for 1 week but that could mean that you bleed for longer ie you bleed from stopping the combi patches and then if you ovulate as well you might get what would be your natural bleed.

I think the only way to guarantee it is maybe to either go on the pill or take norethisterone to delay it (although you may then get a heavier bleed afterwards).

Sorry I can't help further but this is a very individual thing related to your cycle and where you are in menopause. If you were post-menopause it would be easy!

Hurdity x

Catsuz

• First Flush
Re: Can I delay or bring period forward
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:43:30 AM »

Thank you Hurdity you've cleared things up for me. I was confused as a lot of advice relates to being post menopausal  Think I'll use the Norethisterone as that's what I'm familiar with. x