Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pre period spotting  (Read 1474 times)

Herbie73

Pre period spotting
« on: April 01, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »

Hi all,

I am just interested to see did anybody else have spotting before a period, looking back over the last year I have had quite a few symptoms of peri, I had night and day sweats for about 6 months now  they have now subsided, my periods were still very regular then, I went off of certain foods and drink, I have had clotty periods for over a year, mid cycle spotting clumsiness I had so many falls last year, brain fog still got that, extreme tiredness, snappiness, and now I have had spotting before my last period, so far this month only very slight hardly visable spots of blood this month, I am 3 days from being due on again, just wondered does this sound peri to anyone, also I do get quite heavy bleeding for about 2 days of my period.

Many thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pre period spotting
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 05:28:57 PM »

Yep. The body seems to crawl into bleeds then kick-starts like it's 'normal' ........ I also had a few spots of red blood then nowt, or a proper period which would stop; then 3 days later brown almost dry loss for a few days.  Enough to make extra laundry  :bang:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 06:09:54 PM by CLKD »

Herbie73

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 05:52:45 PM »

Thanks for the reply, it makes me feel better knowing others are having the same issues. Xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 06:10:07 PM »

Do you keep a mood/symptom/food diary?

Herbie73

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 07:18:18 PM »

No I don't should I ? Xxx

Lalb1

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 07:23:00 PM »

Hi, I have had the same, my symptoms similar and now each month before periods I'm getting spotting few days prior. Never used to even before was on the pill,while was on it or when I came off. Seems like it's another thing that shows things are definitely changing.
I keep a log of symptoms and anything unusual to see if it happens the next month, helps make sense.

dangermouse

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 05:31:24 AM »

Me too! I started having brown spotting a few days before when cycle lengthened to approx. 35 days. Period then followed and was similar to before, heavy for 2 days then very light for 2.

Now I'm on progesterone without any breaks my cycle is normal
length and period is just very light for a few days (as prog stops lining building up).

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 11:22:41 AM »

I find that when I feel good I forget so keeping a diary helped me know where I was.

Herbie73

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 12:12:38 PM »

So I want to go and have a chat with the dr tomorrow, but I don't want him to refer me for test yet, as my cycle has only really been out of whack for a month, I was wondering could I ask to try progesterone first maybe the mini pill, I don't smoke and I'm not over weight, also I have had other symptoms of peri, I had really bad night and day sweats for about 6 months,don't get them now, I have brain fog and very disturbed sleep, now the thing is I really don't know how regular I was as I never really logged it, so for all I know I may have been irregular for a while and also I have always started my period with a day or two of spotting, and for the last year I have had very clotty periods apparently this is due to low progesterone, and now the spotting  before a period and seeming like the take forever to start.

I will start to log moods spotting etc as of today.

Many thanks

Herbie73

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 12:17:52 PM »

Sorry also forgot to mention I have had really bad spots on my bum and back,
Thanks