Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estrogel advice please  (Read 1693 times)

roo

Estrogel advice please
« on: March 28, 2018, 11:18:40 AM »

Hi ladies.

I did post in the Estrogel/Utrogestan advice thread but didn't receive any replies so apologies for reposting but I really need some help and advice and I know that you are the best people to come to.

Brief background; I've just turned 50, have been in peri for about 7-8 years. No real period since December 2016 (but a light, spotty type bleed in November 2017). I have the usual symptoms; hot flushes, night sweats, vaginal dryness etc but also have hair loss/thinning. I've tried most things to help with symptoms including natural progesterone cream - which gave me horrendous digestive issues.

I can't have oral HRT as I have migraines with aura so was put on Evorel Conti last year. However, when using the estrogen element I became very wired, jittery and anxious, weepy and low in mood etc so I stopped.,I am currently trying Estrogel and Utrogestan; I've been told to start with half a pump of gel for a month before starting the Utrogestan. Within a few days of starting, the familiar jittery, shaky, nauseating anxiety has returned. It really is a distinctive feeling and only associated with estrogen use.

My question is will this subside with time or does this mean that estrogen isn't my friend? I am off work for Easter currently so could battle through this awful feeling if I knew it would recede.

Any advice? Anyone else have this effect with estrogen use? Any advice would be gratefully received and thanks for reading.

Dotty

Re: Estrogel advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 11:20:50 AM »

I'm on Oestrogel but don't get that feeling so can't really help you. Just didn't want you to be ignored. Half a pump is a very low dose. Perhaps you need more.....

roo

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:26:36 AM »

Thank you so much for your reply Dotty, it is much appreciated. Yes, I wondered that too as I have seen that some women use 4-5 pumps of the gel daily.

Thanks again.

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 11:34:26 AM »

I use 4 pumps.

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »

Half a dose is so tiny , I was on one still very small and now on two I got sickness etc etc same as you but I just weathered the storm until it passed about 4 weeks.

I also have mad migraines

Ang65

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »

Hi, just been prescribed estrogel and utrogestan 100mg tablets . Doctor says I can take the tablets on day 1 to 26 or two tablets day 15 to 26 of cycle. Anyone else on this regime.....feeling a bit worried .Im 52 and my periods have been very sparse lately. Any positive comments on utrogestan and gel?

roo

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 01:46:00 PM »

Thank you so much for that Maryjane. I will persevere and hope that things ease off a bit.