Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Had a HRT review and left feeling furious  (Read 5229 times)

sidse

Re: Had a HRT review and left feeling furious
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 09:32:41 AM »

I take Femseven conti - 3/4 of a patch after having a bleed on the full patch. I have only been on them for 2 1/2 years which compared to a lot of people on here, is a relatively short time. I am soon to be 56 and my periods stopped at around 53.

sadielouise78

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 12:07:46 PM »

This is what scares me about moving practices.  I moved house 18 months ago but haven't told my doctors as I have quite a few different medical issues that they understand and I'm not sure I want to go through it all with a new doctor and find they don't agree  :-\

Daisydot

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 12:08:21 PM »

Hi sidse just to give you an incling I paid £195 for my consultation with Mr Parsons at Nuffield Coventry and he's really nice,doesn't pressure you for follow ups if your gp is happy to follow his recommendations.I had big problems with my gp right from the start but now between us we have resolved it.good luck though you may not need to go private hopefully.x

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 12:29:13 PM »

My lady in Spain, I think she's Swedish. Charges €120. For a full mot, smear scans etc. not mamogram but she does an exam. I can call reception any time & she will call back when she's free.

sidse

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »

Daisy, that it is a little cheaper than I thought and I am in the East Midlands.Has your GP followed his recommendations? Suziq - that sounds very good value, shame that it is Spain ( for me obvs not for you!)

Daisydot

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 12:43:30 PM »

You can hone Nuffield health in Coventry and make an appointment to see him sidse I saw him within the week.i think he does Tuesday and Thursdays there you'll have a 45 mins consultation for that which is pretty good and if necessary he'll write you a private prescription then he'll write to your gp with his recommendations,I can't fault him for his support with a very tiring gp system.x

Dotty

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 12:50:10 PM »

Sidse - you shouldn't need to go private for your hrt. Just see a different GP

Daisydot

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 12:58:28 PM »

Dotty is correct sidse so keep trying your own practice,I've changed practice and doctors several times which was why I went private in the first place as I was getting pretty desperate so hold out as long as you can before you do go down the private route,that has to be your descision good luck xx

sidse

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 01:03:55 PM »

I am hoping that I am good for a little while as the awful GP did put the prescription on my repeat schedule. I will try to stay in the NHS but it is useful to have something up my sleeve just in case.

Stillsearching

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 02:16:20 PM »

I changed my GP purely because of problems getting the right HRT and the threat that I would have to come off it at 60. I researched the qualifications and interests of other gps locally and was very lucky to find a lady doc who has worked with Mr Parsons. She referred me straight to him and we've finally sorted my regeme. We have agreed that it is up to me how long I stay on the meds but we don't know how much longer the clinic will be open for so I will keep reminding the doc what the plan is.

Daisydot

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 02:28:49 PM »

Hi stillsearching do you mean Mr Parsons clinic at nuffield is closing.?(or is it his nhs clinic) and did he prescribe you testosterone
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:28:41 PM by Daisydot »

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 03:27:12 PM »

Both the very young female GPs at my practice are very sceptical about HRT, and outright refuse to even consider testosterone. This is despite them having 2 explicit letters from Prof Studd. Who the f*ck do they think they are?

Luckily I managed to see the young male GP who was perfectly happy to go with Prof Studd's regime. And he even took down Prof Studd's details for research in case he had other middle aged female patients presenting with inexplicable anxiety, depression and all the other peri symptoms.

sidse

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 04:10:59 PM »

Just wondered if Dr Currie has ever intervened in these situations? It was a young female GP that gave me such a hard time. I don't really understand how different Gps in the same practice can differ so much in their view of HRT either - you would think that there would be a 'practice policy' which followed the NICE guidelines. I am very impressed with researching all of your local GPs - stillsearching'. How did you go about that?

vickypk

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 05:35:23 PM »

Hi Ladies
I moved from London to Dorset 6 months ago, never had any problems with my lovely GP in London regarding my HRT.  As soon as I went to my new GP here I have had problems with them wanting to stop the HRT and put me on anti depressants.  I wasn't depressed when I moved here but I am now, the new GP prescribed me 4 months worth so far, but I am dreading going back to see him.  I am even considering moving back to London.
xx

Daisydot

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 05:43:23 PM »

It would be more worth your while Vicky to go to a private meno consultant and pay a couple of hundred quid to get this resolved for you rather than the upheaval and expense of a move again that's so unfair to make you think like that,don't let them dictate to you take someone in with you next time you go and stand your ground or put it all in a very nuce letter to your practice manager and ask for help to resolve this.so sorry it's still giving you this stress,good luck xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3