Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Twitching?  (Read 6152 times)

Salad

Re: Twitching?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 10:59:24 PM »

Hi  :)

Might be worth taking a Magnesium supplement as low Magnesium causes a variety of symptoms including muscle twitching, tremors and cramping.
Other symptoms include (long list) - Fatigue, decreased exercise tolerance, muscle weakness, eye twitching, nighttime leg cramps/restless legs, headaches/migraines, insomnia, nervousness, dizziness, depression, high blood pressure, palpitations/arrhythmias, cravings, brain fog, gut problems. dental problems - the list goes on  ;D

Start at 300-400 mg a day but you can take up to 800-900 mg a day - the dose is usually governed by your tolerance eg too much causes loose stools, otherwise it's a safe supplement to take. Some Magnesiums are better absorbed than others eg Glycinate, Malate

Just an idea  :D

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 06:06:33 PM »

Hi Robin

I'm so glad my experiences have given you some hope. There IS hope, and you will get through this. Unless you have experienced the awful anxiety and depression that is caused by hormonal fluctuations, it's hard to understand how it can make you feel like you're losing your mind.

Despite always suffering from PMS and getting PND when my daughter was born, it never occurred to me that the hormonal fluctuations in perimenopause might cause me problems. For months I just thought I was having a breakdown. I had terrible insomnia and started to feel suicidal. In the time it took to make a cup of tea I could go from 'okay' to 'despair'. Only later did I learn that such swift mood swings are typical of hormonal fluctuations. I suffered with nasty headaches and really painful joints and stiffness. But it was the awful mood and anxiety that crippled me. I went from being a real party lover to just a frightened shadow too scared to leave the house alone.

It was only when I recalled that the only other times in my life, when I had experienced anything similar, was when I first tried the BCP and when I had PND, that I made the hormonal connection! I had been feeling so dreadful that I hadn't paid attention to the fact my, usually quite heavy, periods had dwindled to almost nothing each month. Then I started to connect the dots and started my research and found here! And Professor John Studd! I read his website over and over again, in tears. I finally realised what was happening to me.

I read with horror that he knew of poor women, consigned to psychiatric wards and treated with EST, when really what they desperately needed was hormone therapy. Or poor women tranked to the eyeballs on psychotic drugs to try and control their anxiety and depression, when actually it was their hormones causing mischief. My own great aunt spent time in a psychiatric hospital, back in the 70s 'suffering with her nerves'. Turns out she only started suffering with her nerves when her periods stopped. Funny that.

So, I really really hope you can take some courage from what I have posted. You are not going mad. Not many know that it is your hormones which control your emotions. And if your hormones are all over the place, then so will YOU be.

Take care, and I'm happy to help or answer any questions you might have.

xxx

donnacrichton

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 06:47:00 PM »

It is lovely to hear you are doing well after such a long struggle. It gives us hope and to be patient. I do get the muscle twitching and tingling it feels like it is when estrogen is balancing. It feels much worse when dose is being adjusted. Xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »

Hi Donna

We have had very similar experiences if I remember? It's a very long road isn't it? After 3 months of zero symptoms, I'm having a few bad days again with the twitching, loose bowels, slight nausea/weird hunger, anxiety etc. I suspect my hormones are having some sort of surge, having been nicely suppressed recently.

Not sure why? Or whether it's oestrogen or progesterone surging or dipping. I really wish we had a little gauge that showed a minute by minute record of what our hormone levels were. It would be so interesting and reassuring, if you could glance at the gauge and just see your progesterone was spiking etc.
Pages: 1 [2]