Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hair loss  (Read 1963 times)

clairebear67

Hair loss
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »

Hi
A symptom (amongst many) I have really noticed is hair thinning/loss. Im really starting to get conscious of this now and have started looking at the 'treatments' available such as Regaine etc. Has anyone tried any of these type of treatments with any success?
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:17:35 PM by clairebear67 »

Findtyler

Re: Hair loss
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 08:22:39 PM »

Hi there

My hair was falling out in handfuls each time I washed it.

Taking HRT helped to restore it.

Salad

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 11:34:45 PM »

It might be worth getting your Vitamin D level checked - my hair definitely thicker now my deficiency is being treated. And hair loss was my friends main symptom of her Vitamin D deficiency  :)

aspie65

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 10:25:19 AM »

I just came on here to post my success with the Phyto range of hair products for hair loss.  Within one day I noticed a significant improvement.  I would now say my hair loss is back to normal rates about 20% of what I was losing each day.  Highly recommend you try it.

Annika

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 03:13:49 PM »

Hi Clair  my husband has been using it for the last three months and difference is amazing it has really come in. He stopped wearng a hat because he is so proud of his hair,lol   My hair was thinning badly so I stopped using my usual haircolor that has ammonia and instead use a rinse without I think its called a semi permanent hair color and my hair is back the way it was also a vitamin a day helps too.

DebsMK

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 10:51:43 AM »

I plucked up courage to go to the GP who gave me some Betnovate lotion and Nizoral shampoo to try before resorting to the Minoxidil.  Neither seemed to do much good.  At the same time he took some blood tests to check all sorts of things just in case, because thyroid problems etc can cause hair loss.  It turned out I had low levels of vitamin B12 (like my father), but not low enough for the NHS to prescribe any injections or supplements as they would've done in other countries!  I did some research and found that Methylcobalamin is a good source of B12 (you can get it in Holland and Barratt).  I started to take this along with Perfectil Plus with Extra Hair Support to see if it would help.  Four months on now and my hair is definitely thickening up with new hairs visibly sprouting, also all the palpitations and dizziness I was experiencing (and blamed HRT) has vanished!  If I were you before trying the Minoxidil I would go and have some blood tests taken at the GP surgery, ask for the printed results and then look up the levels on the web.