Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Have I got this right please?  (Read 2425 times)

Tiddles

Have I got this right please?
« on: March 25, 2018, 07:53:51 AM »

Good morning.

Please can the very knowledgable ladies check I've got this right before I go to my GP?

I'm age 56.  I had 4 periods last year (2017), the last one being in August, so 7 months ago. I started HRT in February of this year (2018) - Elleste Duet 1mg so am about to complete my second month on HRT.

The oestrogen phase has been great from Day 1- no more hot flushes, no more night sweats, no more anxiety.

The progesterone phase was a bit more problematic the first month - headache was the worst side effect, but during this second month the symtoms have been more severe - continual banging headache for 5 days but the worst side effect is dizziness, to the extent where I was staggering as if I'd just jumped off a spinning roundabout.

If this doesn't improve during the coming third month and based on your past advice to me on here I'm going to ask for FEMOSTON CONTI 1 mg estradiol & 5mg dydrogesterone daily in the hope that I will tolerate the continual low dose progesterone better.

Please can you tell me if my understanding is sound and if you think the swap to Femoston Conti is sensible?

Many thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Have I got this right please?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 03:53:36 PM »

Maybe put the product name into the 'serach' box and see what pops up?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 04:10:35 PM »

Hi Tiddles
You need to have gone one year without a natural period before going into conti HRT.
I would suggest you try the sequi Femoston first as this will allow you to see if the progesterone in Femoston suits you. DG x

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 04:14:14 PM »

It sounds like the progesterone part has caused problems which is very common with products that contain norethisterone.  It's a very strong version of progesterone and a lot of women can't tolerate it. 

I would definitely switch to Femoston. 

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 07:56:59 PM »

Hi Tiddles

Just to add that if you are considering changing HRT type - and it does sound like the progestogen in Elleste ie the norethisterone does not agree with you - I would first of all try a cyclical version. As Dancinggirl says you should really be 12 months without a natural period to try a continuous combined one.  The advantage of this (the cyclical version) is you can find out whether the progestogen suits you or not as you only take it for part of the month.  Femoston comes in a 1 mg cyclical version (Femoston 1/10) .  Due to your age you may well be very close to menopause so if you decide you like it and get on well after a few cycles then you could change to the conti version if you prefer not to bleed, and it does have the advantage of keeping both hormones roughlyconstant (if you are post-menopausal). If you are still peri and start conti HRT then your own cycle might break through occasionally.

Hurdity x

Elmsey

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 09:17:39 PM »

Hi, 

Just to add my recent experience. Same age and same stage. I also had problems with Elleste.  My doctor upped the does of estrogen and put me on conti with disastrous results! 

I am starting on Femoston 1/10 tomorrow so will keep you posted.

Good luck. Elmsey x

Tiddles

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 06:18:15 AM »

That's so helpful - I'm so glad I asked !  Thank you all very much for replying.  I'm going to follow your advice xxx

sadielouise78

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 09:41:26 AM »

Hi Tiddles,

I had a similar experience on Elleste Duet.  Symptoms stopped pretty much straight away but I suffered with bad headaches on the progesterone part and dizziness but also heavy bleeding.  I carried on for two months before changing to Evorel Sequi.  I've had no headaches or dizziness on this one but am still bleeding heavily so I'm going to ask to change to Femeston 1/10 and see what happens.

Hope you get sorted.

Sarah

Tiddles

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 08:43:49 AM »

Thanks Sarah.  Let's report back how we both get on - may help each other and other ladies :-) x

Tiddles

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 05:41:57 AM »

Hi Tiddles,

I had a similar experience on Elleste Duet.  Symptoms stopped pretty much straight away but I suffered with bad headaches on the progesterone part and dizziness but also heavy bleeding.  I carried on for two months before changing to Evorel Sequi.  I've had no headaches or dizziness on this one but am still bleeding heavily so I'm going to ask to change to Femeston 1/10 and see what happens.

Hope you get sorted.

Sarah

Hi Sarah.  Just wondering if you've already switched and if so how you got on?  I've got a 3 month review at the doctor on Monday and plan to ask for Femeston x
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 05:43:57 AM by Tiddles »

sadielouise78

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 08:51:12 PM »

Just replied on the other thread x