Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ladies need advice  (Read 1797 times)

Herbie73

Ladies need advice
« on: April 15, 2018, 03:09:08 PM »

Hi all,

I really need some reassuring words from ladies that have been through a similar experience, I have posted about my spotting on this forum before, but just to recap this all stated 2 months ago with 7 days pre period spotting, that went on to a normal period, I stopped bleeding on the Sunday, no spotting for a week, then a day of mid cycle spotting, which I have been having fog over a year, after that I didn't have any spotting just the odd speck of blood, so small had I not been looking for it I wouldn't have noticed it. Anyway started my period on the Friday very light for 2 days then heavy for 3 then light again for 4 more, it seems that my periods take forever to start and finish these days, I went to my Drs had pelvic exam, he said all felt fine, looked at my cervix all fine, had a blood test for fsh, lh, and tsh, that came back normal at the lower end of normal, he wants me to go for a scan but I'm petrified I have endometrial cancer, I did have night sweats before xmas but they only seem to happen now the day before my period starts, I do get brain fog, disturbed sleep, I also have lack of pmt symptoms these days, I also had very clotty periods for a couple of years but this month I hardly had any, also I'm sure my cycle is a couple of days later now, anyway is there any lovely people on here that can offer some reassurance , I have convinced myself I have cancer.

Thank you all.

Dancinggirl

Re: Ladies need advice
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 03:23:09 PM »

What you are describing is all very normal for the peri menopause phase. Erratic periods, longer or shorter periods with longer or shorter gaps between - I'm afraid you may just have to get used to these fluctuations for a while - and nobody can tell you how long the peri meno phase will last.
I assume you have the regular smear tests? Womb cancer is highly unlikely but a scan would probably reasure you - you need peace of mind. DG x

Herbie73

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 03:45:27 PM »

Yes I do have regular smears my last one was 10 months ago, thank you for the reply, it's very reassuring xxxx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:11:32 PM »

Hi Herbie. I agree with all that Dancinggirl says. I also had the stop-start while in peri. I thought of it as a tap turning on and off. The hormones control the tap and during peri they just can't make up their minds. They turn the tap on which starts the bleeding then they reconsider and the tap is turned off again so the bleeding stops. The scan will give you reassurance that what is happening, though annoying, is natural for this time of our lives.

Taz x  :bighug:

Herbie73

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 04:44:44 PM »

Thank you so so much, knowing others have been through or are going through this, really reassures me, I know I am now at the age(45)but it's just really unsettling when nothing like this has happened before, oh tell a lie, it happened 5 years ago while I was waiting for my smear results, got myself in a right state, convinced I had cervical cancer then, it was caused by the stress of the wait, and hasn't happened since, my mum was well in to perimenopause by my age, so Im probably following her.

Anyway thanks again xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 05:00:10 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::) - my periods waxed and waned for months, with occasionally brown smudges.   It never crossed my mind that it might be 'abnormal', it's how I expected menopause to begin.

Herbie73

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 06:10:13 PM »

Thank you, I suffer with health anxiety so it makes everything worse case scenario, it helps to hear others ladies stories xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »

Health anxiety is common here too .............