Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding when delaying bleed?  (Read 1047 times)

DebsMK

Bleeding when delaying bleed?
« on: March 23, 2018, 02:50:55 PM »

Can I ask what may be a silly question?  I started HRT at 54 years old, I still had regular periods but wasn't sleeping and had lots of other symptoms.  I am still on Femoston 1/10 and at now 57 I had assumed that my periods would've stopped.  This past week I took an extra week of the grey pills as I wanted to delay my bleed because I'd had an abscess burst in my groin and didn't want the extra bleed problems on top of dealing with that.  I have just started to bleed even though I've tried to delay it.  Does this mean that my own hormones are still regulating things or is it normal to get a bleed when you usually do if you change the pill pattern?

Dancinggirl

Re: Bleeding when delaying bleed?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 03:01:29 PM »

Are the grey pills the combined oestrogen and progesterone ? If so, it is likely that a bleed would start around the time you would bleed normally. It's unlikely to be your own horomones having an influence but more to do with your womb lining spontaneously shedding because it has built up. DG x

DebsMK

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 04:42:46 PM »

Thank you DG yes it was the combined grey pills.  Do you think then that if I want to delay my bleed another time I should take another week of the oestrogen pills instead? x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 05:17:32 PM »

Yes, it's better to take the oestrogen for slightly longer as it's the progesterone that will trigger the bleed.  DG x