Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Indigestion??  (Read 1720 times)

marge

Indigestion??
« on: March 23, 2018, 09:18:22 AM »

Trying to lose a bit of weight, I substituted my evening meal with a plate of raw veg - carrots, celery, broccoli and cucumber - and humus. At 3am I woke up with excrutiating chest pain which travelled to my upper back.  It subsided after I made and sipped a mint tea.  That was four nights ago, nothing since, but now I'm worried it could be a warning of a heart attack!  Am I panicking unnecessarily?

Annie0710

Re: Indigestion??
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »

Are you Peri ?

I had terrible indigestion whilst in peri menopause

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »

marge - I'm not surprised - these things may be very good for you but are all very indigestible when raw. It's also not good to go to bed empty and hungry.  If it only happened the once, then I really wouldn't worry.  The pain you describe in the chest and back is typical for heartburn. Maybe have a mint tea or a dose of Gaviscon before bed? DG x

marge

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 11:02:52 AM »

Thanks for replies, no I'm no peri, post-meno completely, 60.

I think you're right as it has only happened once and after raw food.  I won't be doing that again!!

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 01:18:09 PM »

I changed my diet recently and had a few days of indigestion , our bodies seem so sensitive at this stage of our lives x

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »

I react badly with humous Marge it may have been that and celery's a bit Of a bugger to digest at the best of times so maybe avoid them for a while and why not try a smoothie as a meal substitute that would be easier on your digestion but I'd do it either at breakfast or lunchtime and then stick to your main meal in the evening as usual.good luck and no more panicking xx