Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi Awful symptoms on Evorel sequi- ??oestrogen dominance  (Read 1383 times)

Johuckridge

Hi Awful symptoms on Evorel sequi- ??oestrogen dominance
« on: March 20, 2018, 10:25:41 PM »

Hi
I am 48 years old and this is my first post but I have been suffering perimenopause symptoms for the last 4-5 yrs .I suffer with night sweats,  anxiety ,migraines ,lengthy heavy periods and chronic insomnia. These are seriously impacting on every part of my life
I started evorel sequi 3 months ago and strangely have suffered worsening of symptoms ( severe anxiety, sore breasts, insomnia ,poor appetite ,night sweats ) on the oestrogen only patches for 2 weeks which strangely improve when taking the oestrogen /progesterone patches for the second two weeks. I now think I may be suffering with oestrogen dominance .Has anybody suffered similarly and are now only using progesterone  as a treatment for perimenopause symptoms. If so what are you using ?
Ps have tried lots of natural remedies , given up caffeine and alcohol  :-\ and trying to eat a healthy diet .
Thank you for any replies

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi Awful symptoms on Evorel sequi- ??oestrogen dominance
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 08:33:47 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM
You are suffering from progesterone withdrawal symptoms not oestrogen dominance and this quite common.
Oestrogen dominance is a red herring that alternative practitioners like to use - it is not oestrogen dominance as such but the lack of progesterone due to a lack of ovulation which happens in the peri meno stage and causes heavy and sometimes prolonged bleeding.
Evorel patches are medium dose HRT so probably too high a dose as you are still getting quite regular periods - this will give too high oestrogen levels and a big dip in mood and other symptoms when you finish the progesterone phase of patches.
HRT can balance hormones in the peri meno stage but you need to start on a low dose.
If you are experiencing heavy periods then having a Mirena fitted would sort this out and give a low continuous dose of progesterone that may suit you. Once the Mirena is in place you can then add in some oestrogen as patch or Oestrogel, starting with a low dose and then as you get deeper into menopause you can increase as necessary.
The other good alternative for you would be to try Femoston 1/10 as this has a kinder progesterone that may suit you.
Look under TREATMENTS on this site, print off the info and pop to the GP to discuss your options.
I think you have simply started on too strong a dose of HRT.
DG x

Hurdity

Re: Hi Awful symptoms on Evorel sequi- ??oestrogen dominance
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »

Hi Johuckridge

:welcomemm: from me too!

I agree with Dancinggirl. I would also like to ask what your periods are doing in terms of cycle length ie have your cycles got longer or shorter or have you started to skip periods in between the heavy ones? I agree a Mirena would help with bleeding or alternatively one of the BCP types that have a similar oestrogen to HRT - called QLAIRA  and ZOELY. I've just posted to someone else about these. They will also control bleeding and should eliminate/reduce flushes too.

In the meantime here is an article about peri-menopause which you might find interesting:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Hurdity x