Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello, I’m New  (Read 1129 times)

JennieWren59

Hello, I’m New
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:47:18 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm glad to have found this forum a bit late into my ‘journey!' I think it's been about six years since my last period, and having read some of the posts on the forum, I have got off lightly compared to many of you. Many of your experiences sound truly horrendous and I don't know how I would have coped.

I haven't gone down the HRT route as I was worried of all things about putting on weight, as I've struggled with trying to lose weight for many years, not so bad before I was 50, but uphill now!

For hot flushes I'm not so bad now, at work people got used to me switching the desk fan on and off in my face all day, and I have my little hand fan, but I also use Menoserene from Healthspan which seem to help me, what has stopped (for now) is the intense feelings of anxiety that were a sign that a hot flush was imminent. At night sometimes I drive my husband mad and not in a good way  ;D by tossing and turning and flinging the duvet off and back on again, I drive myself mad!

It's just nice to know that you aren't on your own in all this. I came to the internet yesterday as I have had some bleeding after trying Replens. I will post on the dryness part of the forum as I've already taken comfort  from the posts and advice there already.

Dancinggirl

Re: Hello, I’m New
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM JennieWren59

Browse around, get clued up on all you options and keep posting. DG x