Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: 4 Pumps of Oestrogel anyone - Positives please!  (Read 7127 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
4 Pumps of Oestrogel anyone - Positives please!
« on: March 16, 2018, 04:51:14 PM »

Has anyone gone from 3 to 4 with success of overriding their cycle?  I know that that is the suggested regime.

I'm currently on 3 after increasing from 2.  Felt really deadful on 2!  And yes i am so much better but not 100%.  Still flushing away, exhausted, anxious, rattle away every morning, sleep distrurbances. 

The thing is - I can feel slightly wired and jangly on the gel and my mind just isnt calm at all in the mornings.

I know I must try 4 pumps but I get scared of getting worse with the anxiety in the meantime.

Annie0710

Re: 4 Pumps of Oestrogel anyone - Positives please!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »

I'm on 2.5 pumps but just wanted to say it's not just the gel that makes you feel wired, it's the oestrogen increase.  This would happen to me if I increased my patch dose x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 07:24:26 PM »

I have never used 4 pumps of gel myself but apparently that is the dose needed to override the cycle.  It could be worth a try, you might find it hits the spot.  If I remember correctly, Gypsyroselee found it took her a while to get used to the high dose of gel but finally reached breakthrough after a few months. 

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 07:55:58 PM »

I've gone from Evorel 50 (patches) to 4 pumps a day since Tue. I was only on one pump before. I feel ok, actually, no massive side effects.

But I am really tired. Could that be a bug I picked up OR the ostrogen increase?

What does 'overriding' the cycle mean?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 08:45:37 PM »

Hi
Thanks for the replies ladies.

Mary G - yes I remember GYpsy Rose Lee's posts very well.

Annie - i'd not thought about the actual increase causing the jangles but very good point. Was thinking it was a gel side effect.

Noheroics - I'm peri, so by increasing to 4 pumps, I'm hoping to stop my own cycle peaking and troughing in the background so I'm thinking that it would be effectively like taking a contraceptive pill.

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 02:07:32 PM »

4 pumps seems to be working well for me. I felt almost ok on 3 but not quite me. I feel better on 4. Good luck - it's so hard I know what to do for the best sometimes xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 09:13:17 PM »

Hi MM

I think we spoke before, are you in peri menopause?
Do you mind me asking if you've had any side effects with 4 pumps? And do you apply all in one go?
I've started splitting my gel application- 1 pump at night and 2 in morning. Will see how this goes for the time being before going to 4.

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 08:29:57 PM »

Hi,

Yes in peri and had lots of really debilitating symptoms.

No side effects to 4 pumps as far as I can work out so far.

I do the 4 pumps at night before bed.

Xxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 09:42:39 PM »

Hi MM
Thanks for your reply.

I hope the 4 pumps works out for you. I read some of your older posts earlier, yep I fully understand what you mean about being nearly right, but not. I'm almost me but not quite.

My symptoms seem to be cyclical but the worst is the anxiety, lack of calmness/relaxedness and thoughts/memories going around and around my head!

I'm hoping that 4 pumps will sort me out and know I have to give it 2/3 months. I also have testim to try but daren't until I know that my Oestrogen levels are steady.

Let me know how you get on as really interested to hear positive stories.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »

BTW - do you get side effects from 4 pumps at night and it affect your sleep at all?

LucyLoo

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 09:53:43 AM »

Hi MIS71MUM,

I use 4 pumps of oestrogel to override my cycle and I do feel much better. I am 42 and taking HRT for severe PMS (exhaustion, anxiety, depression) which has got worse since my mid thirties and having children. I started at 3 pumps but it didn't surpress my cycle and I felt worse (mainly exhausted). I put all 4 pumps on in the morning (2 on upper arms, 2 on inner thighs) and I sleep well most nights. When I first went up to 4 pumps I had thrush symptoms which lasted a few weeks. I think this was my body adjusting to the higher dose. I haven't had it since.

I also take 7 days of 100mg utrogestan per month (Prof Studd regime). Next month I'm going to try 200mg utrogestan (on advice of Mike Savvas at 3 month follow up appointment last week) as I've been OK on 100mg. If I get side effects from the 200mg, he's said I can go back down to 100mcg the following month. He's suggested the higher dose of utrogestan as I'm currently on such a low dose alongside the high oestrogel and he feels it'd be better to have 200mg utro if I'm OK on it. I'm a bit nervous but will see how I get on.

I would suggest giving the 4 pumps of oestrogel a go and to give yourself a few weeks on it before deciding whether it's working for you. I believe changing our hormone levels can make us feel worse at first so it's worth giving it a few weeks at least. Good luck x

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 09:27:42 PM »

Thank you for your replies.

I realise that I'm so lucky that I don't have to take any progesterone. My hysterectomy saved me from that - just wished they whipped out my ovaries too!
I'm nearly 4 weeks into 3 pumps so waiting for the next crash and I will then be increasing to 4!