Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Migraine advice  (Read 3901 times)

Daisydot

Migraine advice
« on: March 15, 2018, 10:46:55 PM »

Hi ladies I'm wondering if I'm getting migraines.I am recovering from an injury but I'm now getting really throbbing headache at one side which goes right behind the ear,very light sensitive in that eye like a pointy knife pain in it in any bright light feel sickly getting them lasting for what seems like days.is this sounding like migraines in your experience.ty xx

Loubylou

Re: Migraine advice
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 11:25:26 PM »

Hi.
I got these upon menopause. They got so bad was vomiting for hours. I find that 2 ibuprofen at the onset stopped them developing to head explosion.

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:32:15 PM »

Hi loubylou thank you for replying,my heads throbbing it's difficult to know if it's migraine as head injuries complicate everything but I'm having an Mra scan tomorrow so I wonder if migraines would show on a scan,I'd actually be relieved if it was migraines bad as that sounds I know.ty x

Loubylou

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:37:31 PM »

It sounds like a migraine having pain in the eye. That's how mine start. Fingers crossed for you that is all they are. Let us know how you get on

Daisydot

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:38:38 PM »

Ty xx

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 07:00:45 AM »

Good luck today Daisydot.

Lanzalover x

Daisydot

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 08:06:05 AM »

Ty LL I've got dxa scan this morn at long last then tonight the brain scan so as I said I'll be glad when fridays over with it's so scary.could possibly be stress that's causing the headaches/migraines if that's what they are.never a dull moment eh? 😁

Snoooze

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 08:46:50 AM »

I got this for a long time especially the eye pain and behind the ear and always thought it was sinus related until I read on here about migraines, so now I do notice a pattern that is hormone related as to when it occurs.

I never thought of migraine as I have friends who have such bad migraines with arm numbness and speech problems but I now realise that not all migraines have to be that severe.

Loubylou

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 02:53:45 PM »

Thinking of you Daisydot. It's scary but you are putting your health first and that's the best thing. Hope all is well.x

Mary G

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 07:29:50 PM »

Daisydot, that does sound like migraines.  They vary a lot and some are with auras, some are one sided headaches or they can be aura without headache like mine.

I hope the scan went OK, please give us an update when you can.

Daisydot

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 09:48:27 PM »

Thanks ladies really appreciate the kind words.god it's been such a long day I'm just in the door 9-40pm after the brain scan it was horrible they forgot to put the music on and no one interacted at all,even just to say we are half way there or 5 mins left would have helped,it was so long I thought my heart was gonna burst out my chest.they said two weeks now for the result that seems ages so I know it's bad but I'm so hoping your right and it is migraines and not what eye consultant thinks so meantime I'm just going to forget about it and enjoy life.the thing I is he never even mentioned migraines it's only because I'd been reading stuff the ladies on here had written about suffering migraines that I thought that sounds like some of the stuff I get and that's why I was asking for more info.its just a worry because of the head injury so fingers crossed.ty again xx

Holly

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 03:12:48 AM »

Hi there,
Try not to worry. You are doing the right thing getting this investigated. It does sound like menopausal migraine. I had it so badly it nearly destroyed my life and I never got any help from my doctors. I was so bad that I lost lots of weight due to the vomiting and headaches that plagued me every month. They just shrugged their shoulders and said that I was, ‘unfortunate.' At full menopause it just stopped like someone switching off a light and I cannot remember when I last had a migraine. I suspect it was due to falling oestrogen levels but who knows? All I know is that I am fine now that I am in full menopause.
 ;) Hang in there and don't be afraid to use the more powerful Trypsin type medications if the pain gets unbearable.

Daisydot

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 09:56:53 AM »

Thank you Holly and welcome to the forum xx

Conolly

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 04:13:09 PM »

Hello Daisydot,

I don't think the brain scan will be helpful regarding migraine diagnosis. If it comes clear, and I hope and think it will, you'll probably have to address this pharmacologically by testing migraine medications. If they work then it's probably migraine.

How are you managing the pain? Sorry if you had said it before... what sort of head injury are you talking about?

Conolly X

Daisydot

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 05:58:43 PM »

Hi Conolly I've been having trouble with my eye since the head injury,I have throbbing pain to the side where the injury occurred hence the need for scan.Ive just been using meditation to try and cope with the pain until the scan results come back as I suffer from vertigo and I really don't want to fiddle about with meds,another thing I get is when I close my eyes it's like bands of colour under the eyelids is the only way I know to describe it.as if eyelids are trapping colours sounds bizzare doesn't it but I've never suffered from headaches before so anyway I guess I'll know soon enough what's goin* on when scan is back,he has said he'll call me.x
Pages: [1] 2